Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huhne,8 months.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Massive cock-up in the Metro daily email today where they say the sentence was eight years. Oops!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not really "a bad one" in this case though really is it. Gbh maybe or conspiring to conceal a murderer but feeling embarrased about a speeding fine and transfering it someone else, hardly majorly sinister really is it.

Were you having a bad morning or something? Do you think you can ever forgive me? Are you a frustrated LD?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
In the big scheme of things speeding is a minor infringement. Speaking as someone who has racked up a couple of three pointers in the past, I would say that getting caught is less of a minor infringement. If you haven't noticed a speed camera or a patrol car, what else have you failed to notice ? A child stepping off the pavement maybe ?

The 12 point system gives people EVERY opportunity in my view, several warnings and then you have a choice. You either never break the speed limit until your points are expunged, or you risk losing your privilege to drive a car. It should never be viewed as a right. A nutter in charge of several tons of turbo charged metal is a far greater danger to society, than a couple of doughnuts with a gemmy and swag bag, as irritating as these low lifes are.

As for perverting the course of justice, you can choose to view this as a white collar crime, but that completely undermines the legal process, if you accept it is okay to lie under oath. Eight months apiece seems reasonable to me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He should get an extra couple of months for banging two of the ugliest woman on the planet.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I know of three different toerags who've been nicked for multiple burglaries , one of whom was in court as recently as last month , who walked away with community service , I couldn't give a flying **** if the householders were out at the time and they didnt do any damage , big ****ing deal, they were still in somebody else's house , stealing their property, for which they should go down for at least 3 years , first offence.

I believe you. not sure I believe the criminals that you know, could it be that they're trying to "big up" their crimes and brag about getting off lightly ?

but that completely undermines the legal process, if you accept it is okay to lie under oath. Eight months apiece seems reasonable to me.

And that's a key point - people lie under oath all the time in court saying they didn't do this or didn't do that. Yes he was an idiot for the way he handled it but it's a speeding offence - not the Great Train Robbery and IMHO the whole sentancing system is out of kilter with either disproportionately high or low sentances.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
According to a piece in my paper this morning the sentencing in this case seems to be in line with what normal people should expect. I agree that he has been publicly shamed and so on, but his sentencing ought to be in line with "the norm".

A magistrate friend of mine thought his sentence was way too light - you can get up to three years in this type of case, I believe

It seems to be in line with sentencing guidelines and I just think its a harsh sentence whoever commited the crime. At the end of the day who got hurt! He is an idiot who made the wrong decision right up until the very last minute when he decided to plead guilty, I would also have no problem with him paying the cost of the prosecution.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It seems to be in line with sentencing guidelines and I just think its a harsh sentence whoever commited the crime. At the end of the day who got hurt! He is an idiot who made the wrong decision right up until the very last minute when he decided to plead guilty, I would also have no problem with him paying the cost of the prosecution.

the ones that got hurt were all those deluded people who voted for the lying t**t

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I believe you. not sure I believe the criminals that you know, could it be that they're trying to "big up" their crimes and brag about getting off lightly ?
NO mate , they're two bob skaghead lowlifes, but I know their not lying , anyway you sound like you have firsthand experience of it so i'm not going to argue with you anymore !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here