Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things a side serious about finishing in the top 6 DOESN'T do...

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
I'm quite happy with a point tonight , little disappointed not to score or create much against the team who have conceeded the most goals in the football league.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not sure where I said an away point was awful - in the grand scheme of things it is a valuable one as I don't think may teams will go to Bristol City and get much from there with O'Driscoll in charge.

Not to have any sort of effort on goal though is pretty poor.

You're rubbish at moaning.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Why? Why is it that an opinion based on a game that is different from another game is fickle? It is just seeing how it is game by game. Next game we may be brilliant, which will deserve praise now doubt

It is fickle saying 'a top six side doesn't blah blah blah' when in our last few games we have done exactly what a top six side does do and grind out results. In this crazy league there will always be off days and shocks, and what a top side does when those come along is hold fort. Unfortunately we didn't manage to scrape the winner tonight BUT we did not concede (continuing an impressive run of defensive displays), the importance of which we must not overlook.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It is fickle saying 'a top six side doesn't blah blah blah' when in our last few games we have done exactly what a top six side does do and grind out results. In this crazy league there will always be off days and shocks, and what a top side does when those come along is hold fort. Unfortunately we didn't manage to scrape the winner tonight BUT we did not concede (continuing an impressive run of defensive displays), the importance of which we must not overlook.

It's not fickle though. Yes, we maybe defended well(and yes i agree that our defence all season has generally been superb) but i do not think it is fickle saying we play SHITE going forward in one game. I think that is just telling it like it is. Zero shots is still really poor whatever way you look at it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
“@OfficialBHAFC: 16: Good blocks from Bridcutt and El-Abd at one end, before Orlandi tries his luck with a drive at the other. Heaton saves. #BCFC 0 #BHAFC 0”

Can you read?

I'm sure this was intended as a cross. Was at the other end to us, I don't think it was a goal bound shot.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Last time I went to Ashton Gate, we drew 0-0. It wasn't a particularly great game.

What else happened that season? oh yes, we were promoted via the play-offs.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You are of course referring to Barnsley who managed 21 shots, 14 of which were on target and scoring 3 of them; Forest who didn't score but still had 9 attempts and Watford who had 5 efforts?

Yes, I am. They all lost. We didn't.

Are you getting this or shall I make it more obvious?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Yes, I am. They all lost. We didn't.

Are you getting this or shall I make it more obvious?

More obvious please.

I've already stated that I think in the grand scheme of things it's a decent point, if that is what you are meaning?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
“@OfficialBHAFC: 16: Good blocks from Bridcutt and El-Abd at one end, before Orlandi tries his luck with a drive at the other. Heaton saves. #BCFC 0 #BHAFC 0”

Can you read?

Can read but can assure you that was not a shot but a cross going no where near on target. I was there!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You are of course referring to Barnsley who managed 21 shots, 14 of which were on target and scoring 3 of them; Forest who didn't score but still had 9 attempts and Watford who had 5 efforts?

so you would have preferred it if we had lost @ Bristol City but had more shots on goal - like Barnsley - both Watford and Forrest lost at Bristol City

What exactly is your point? I am confused.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Was fortunate enough to be a guest in the hospitality lounge tonight courtesy of match sponsor. After match BCFC's MOTM Paul Anderson was v complimentary about Brighton and said will be premiership team soon. Sorts of puts some of the negative comments in this thread in perspective.

Yes we had a bad night, worst performance Ive seen since Brum at home, clueless upfront and all long ball stuff. But we ground out a draw. 25 points from 12 games in 2013, can't argue..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
City dropped their top scorer and packed midfield to stop us playing. It worked. We were poor but that does not mean Gus is crap any more than scoring 4 against Huddersfield means he is a shoe in at Stamford Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here