Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hollaway on a billboard in Streatham

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Mate you will be fine - some woman phoned the police 5 times and said she was gonna kill someone - they never bothered turning up. Do it:thumbsup:

Wrong type of crime - crime against property is viewed much, much more dimly than crimes against people these days. I'd be lucky to get away with crucifixion...

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
I pass that wretched thing every single day. :sick: There was one even closer to my house, no more than a minute's walk (mercifully not visible to me) a while back, plugging their infamous '2 for 1' Groupon thingy. One of the drawbacks of living where I do, unfortunately.

I can't tell you how tempting it's been to take a marker/knife to both of them, but a) I'm a law-abiding soul and b) there are cameras absolutely everywhere around the High Road, so anybody who succumbed to said temptation would get seen doing it for absolute certain. :annoyed:

Come on Man....harmless crime. Just do it!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I was travelling back to uni after Christmas and as the coach was passing through Croydon, there was a huge CPFC billboard poster with Glenn Murray featured. I should have taken a photo of that, but I felt all queasy inside just looking at it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Their marketing is okay, but bottom line is the product is crap. Football has moved on and they can't attract big crowds to a shithole of a stadium when there are so many better options nearby. Why would a London born child chose to support Palace. They are looking at sons of Palace fans following but that never increases fan base. New generation supporters will chose other more classy teams, and Palace will now continue to decline in numbers.

They have even lost Crawley now. Let's hope for their sake Streatham doesn't get a millionaire backer! :)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Streatham is bad enough without that pile of crap in it...

Needless to say, I disagree. Affordable. Decent transport links (three stations connecting to town). Restaurants from all over the world on the High Road (which has a bad rep, but on which I've never had any bother whatsoever) and as soon as you're off the main road, it's quiet, with nice housing and, round my way at least, there's a strong sense of community. The Guardian named my local one of the top ten pubs in London. I've lived there nearly seven years and I wouldn't have stayed that long if it was as shit as you suggest.

Feb 18, 2013
Yes, lower crowds, crumbling stadium but we have already beat you once this season and are in the mix for automatic promotion. I will take that over 20,000 JCL's who are more used to watching Rugger.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Top of the table clash with one of their main rivals for promotion last night, attendance/tickets sold whatever scam they are operating - less than 16000 palace fans at the game, that tells you all you need to know about their decline. On the pitch they are enjoying a brief hiatus, off the pitch the support is dwindling they are losing money hand over fist the stadium is an absolute dump. The Zaha money has already been swallowed up by their debts, failure to get promoted this season will see them in all sorts of trouble financially.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, lower crowds, crumbling stadium but we have already beat you once this season and are in the mix for automatic promotion. I will take that over 20,000 JCL's who are more used to watching Rugger.

Let's just wait and see what the lague table looks like at the end of the season. I have a feeling you won't be far above us and then it's play off lottery time. And I would fancy us against you over two legs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top of the table clash with one of their main rivals for promotion last night, attendance/tickets sold whatever scam they are operating - less than 16000 palace fans at the game, that tells you all you need to know about their decline. On the pitch they are enjoying a brief hiatus, off the pitch the support is dwindling they are losing money hand over fist the stadium is an absolute dump. The Zaha money has already been swallowed up by their debts, failure to get promoted this season will see them in all sorts of trouble financially.

All of this, the owners believed they could average 23,000 in the Championship, and they are miles off this. No new money in the summer for players unless they go up or they sell.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Needless to say, I disagree. Affordable. Decent transport links (three stations connecting to town). Restaurants from all over the world on the High Road (which has a bad rep, but on which I've never had any bother whatsoever) and as soon as you're off the main road, it's quiet, with nice housing and, round my way at least, there's a strong sense of community. The Guardian named my local one of the top ten pubs in London. I've lived there nearly seven years and I wouldn't have stayed that long if it was as shit as you suggest.

Obviously you know more about Streatham than me, my great uncle used to live there, been up there once. You do get some crazy people there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here