Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Goldstone Wrap - The Albion Retro Blog

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
That is superb!!! Thanks so much for that......so many memories!!! Remember the pic of Jimmy Case's goal in Match magazine as i do attending the match!! 3-3 draw in the rain, was only 9 got soaked and could hardly see a thing. Am i right in thinking that the Liverpool match marked the first time that the big cage like barriers were removed from the front of the terraces? They initially went in late 70's i believe but I'm sure the Liverpool match was when they were removed and replaced with two bars, which you could stick your head under!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, has anyone had time to look in their attic for Albion related items? I hope you can find the time. Any photos of Albion shirts, leisure wear, promotion plaques, Seagulls Shop catalogues, record covers, scarves welcome, photo opportunities, 'I bought Bert' and 'It's Brighton FC Not Bamber FC' badges, magazine cuttings - that kind of thing. Oh and definitely any photos where they try to glam up some commercial enterprise with a Miss Albion, cheerleaders, dolly birds and the like!

A good example:

seagulltavern.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I hope it's OK to bounce this thread to ask NSCers to have a read of my retro Albion blog at The Goldstone Wrap and to ask if anyone has any Albion bric a brac they would be willing to take a photo of for it. Thanks!

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
lol - the photo of Nobby with Tony Back took me right back. Tony was my Dad's band partner back in the 60s/70s.

what a great site - lots of memories

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
lol found it!! anyone else have one of these?

View attachment 39846

Blimey! What a bizarre idea! Could you tell me a bit more about this magnificent beast? How old is it? How much did it mean to you to have an Albion tortoise? I'll stick it on the blog....

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I kept terrapins as a youngster (back in 1978) and my mum saw this beast in the Seagull shop and bought it for me. I used it as a Godzilla-like enemy of my action men characters (i was 10/11 at the time). When i left home it must have hidden away at my mums - and there it was, under her stairs - 35 years later!!!

No idea why they would produce a cuddly 'king of the league' tortoise - would love to know more.

I remember offering it to someone who was starting an Albion museum - not sure why, but he didn't want it lol

Anyway - is there anyone else who has or has ever had one of these. A true relic of the Albion's days in the top division and the fa cup final!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I kept terrapins as a youngster (back in 1978) and my mum saw this beast in the Seagull shop and bought it for me. I used it as a Godzilla-like enemy of my action men characters (i was 10/11 at the time). When i left home it must have hidden away at my mums - and there it was, under her stairs - 35 years later!!!

No idea why they would produce a cuddly 'king of the league' tortoise - would love to know more.

I remember offering it to someone who was starting an Albion museum - not sure why, but he didn't want it lol

Anyway - is there anyone else who has or has ever had one of these. A true relic of the Albion's days in the top division and the fa cup final!

Marvellous. A sensational piece of memorabilia! It will be featured on the website on Tuesday.

Jimmy Grimble

:bounce:

Enjoyed the updates again!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just a little bounce of this thread. I hope that's OK. Please have a look at my retro Albion blog at The Goldstone Wrap.

Also, if you have any Brighton & Hove Albion related memorabilia from years back, maybe in the attic, please have a rummage around and - if you're not shy - please share your gems here. Albion replica shirts, magazine cuttings, jigsaw puzzles, lampshades... that kind of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here