Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Goldstone Wrap - The Albion Retro Blog

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
cropped-thegoldstonewrapbanner.jpg

I wanted to let NSCers know that I've started a blog called The Goldstone Wrap at www.thegoldstonewrap.com.

The blog will feature Brighton & Hove Albion-related magazine cuttings, photos, football stickers and cards, excerpts from match programmes, leisure wear, fixture cards, and other bits and pieces from yesteryear. The articles will be succinct. I will let the images evoke your memories rather than write essays.

Please have a look. If you are interested, please click the 'Follow' button to subscribe to updates of the site. I endeavour to have new, short entries on a daily basis.

Also, if you have any Albion-related stuff, I would be grateful if you could post it on here or PM me.

Thanks!

jimmycasegoal1.jpg

Also, if you do a blog relating to BHAFC, please let me know the link... and if anyone has advice on how to grow a blog so it is widely known and doesn't lose its momentum, that'd be welcome too!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Excellent work!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
cropped-thegoldstonewrapbanner.jpg

I wanted to let NSCers know that I've started a blog called The Goldstone Wrap at www.thegoldstonewrap.com.

The blog will feature Brighton & Hove Albion-related magazine cuttings, photos, football stickers and cards, excerpts from match programmes, leisure wear, fixture cards, and other bits and pieces from yesteryear. The articles will be succinct. I will let the images evoke your memories rather than write essays.

Please have a look. If you are interested, please click the 'Follow' button to subscribe to updates of the site. I endeavour to have new, short entries on a daily basis.

Also, if you have any Albion-related stuff, I would be grateful if you could post it on here or PM me.

Thanks!

jimmycasegoal1.jpg

Also, if you do a blog relating to BHAFC, please let me know the link... and if anyone has advice on how to grow a blog so it is widely known and doesn't lose its momentum, that'd be welcome too!

:clap:

Was that a page torn out of Match magazine? Brings back memories as it was on my Bedroom wall in the 80s.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:clap:

Was that a page torn out of Match magazine? Brings back memories as it was on my Bedroom wall in the 80s.

Certainly was! Plenty of other items from Match from those times coming up in the blog... you might recognise a few of them. Were you more Match or Shoot! or both?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Certainly was! Plenty of other items from Match from those times coming up in the blog... you might recognise a few of them. Were you more Match or Shoot! or both?

I was originally into Match as I bought the first issues which came with quizzes on free floppy 45 records. Love to know what happened to them, I had them for years before they disappeared.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Good start! I used to get Match delivered. Felt that they gave greater exposure to the 'lesser' clubs than Shoot that just mainly concentrated on the top clubs and players. That was from the mid 80s onwards...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good blog, well done for starting it. Hope to see it develop and that people are forthcoming with useful bits and pieces.

Thanks very much. Amazing what stuff is out there! I remember seeing BHA lampshades and team group jigsaw puzzles on NSC...

Jimmy Grimble

Great idea. Nice one.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
You know now - it's to help Goldstone Rapper whenever he gets low on source material, although I hope this will never happen!

Great stuff GR - love the blog. Even better than Pop! Year Zero....

Yes, I now might have to pop to the the loft and see how many I have and even if the Albion are in any of them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You know now - it's to help Goldstone Rapper whenever he gets low on source material, although I hope this will never happen!

Great stuff GR - love the blog. Even better than Pop! Year Zero....

Hahaha, you know too much! :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here