Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

The Goldstone Wrap - The Albion Retro Blog

0 Not allowed!

I wanted to let NSCers know that I've started a blog called The Goldstone Wrap at www.thegoldstonewrap.com.

The blog will feature Brighton & Hove Albion-related magazine cuttings, photos, football stickers and cards, excerpts from match programmes, leisure wear, fixture cards, and other bits and pieces from yesteryear. The articles will be succinct. I will let the images evoke your memories rather than write essays.

Please have a look. If you are interested, please click the 'Follow' button to subscribe to updates of the site. I endeavour to have new, short entries on a daily basis.

Also, if you have any Albion-related stuff, I would be grateful if you could post it on here or PM me.

Thanks!

Also, if you do a blog relating to BHAFC, please let me know the link... and if anyone has advice on how to grow a blog so it is widely known and doesn't lose its momentum, that'd be welcome too!
    Last edited by Goldstone Rapper; 18-02-2013 at 18:10.
    Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
    The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Excellent work!
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, seven promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks!

Also, just found this link to Albion related blogs
      Brighton BLOG roll
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone Rapper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I wanted to let NSCers know that I've started a blog called The Goldstone Wrap at www.thegoldstonewrap.com.

The blog will feature Brighton & Hove Albion-related magazine cuttings, photos, football stickers and cards, excerpts from match programmes, leisure wear, fixture cards, and other bits and pieces from yesteryear. The articles will be succinct. I will let the images evoke your memories rather than write essays.

Please have a look. If you are interested, please click the 'Follow' button to subscribe to updates of the site. I endeavour to have new, short entries on a daily basis.

Also, if you have any Albion-related stuff, I would be grateful if you could post it on here or PM me.

Thanks!

Also, if you do a blog relating to BHAFC, please let me know the link... and if anyone has advice on how to grow a blog so it is widely known and doesn't lose its momentum, that'd be welcome too!

Was that a page torn out of Match magazine? Brings back memories as it was on my Bedroom wall in the 80s.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DumLum View Post

Was that a page torn out of Match magazine? Brings back memories as it was on my Bedroom wall in the 80s.
      Certainly was! Plenty of other items from Match from those times coming up in the blog... you might recognise a few of them. Were you more Match or Shoot! or both?
      With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Good blog, well done for starting it. Hope to see it develop and that people are forthcoming with useful bits and pieces.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone Rapper View Post
      Certainly was! Plenty of other items from Match from those times coming up in the blog... you might recognise a few of them. Were you more Match or Shoot! or both?
      I was originally into Match as I bought the first issues which came with quizzes on free floppy 45 records. Love to know what happened to them, I had them for years before they disappeared.

0 Not allowed!
      Impressive. Good luck with it and thanks too.
      Members

Re: The Goldstone Wrap - The Albion Retro Blog

0 Not allowed!
      Good start! I used to get Match delivered. Felt that they gave greater exposure to the 'lesser' clubs than Shoot that just mainly concentrated on the top clubs and players. That was from the mid 80s onwards...
      "We are all Shamen on a Spiritual quest."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
      Good blog, well done for starting it. Hope to see it develop and that people are forthcoming with useful bits and pieces.
      Thanks very much. Amazing what stuff is out there! I remember seeing BHA lampshades and team group jigsaw puzzles on NSC...