Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are so lucky to have GUS POYET !!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have always had faith in him,he replaced Steve Copell (waits for the inevitable) as my favorite manager.

He has for somebody at the highest level of the game,sometimes shown naivety,but this is understandable,he is learning,however i feel that even he is starting to now believe in himself,even more.

You can only work with what you have,however what he showed yesterday is that given time,with better players and playing his way,we will eventually get there.

Not the best game we have ever played,but i think everybody can see that it's him that will make the difference,his ability to attract players.

The KOKAT and the DAGGER were the difference between the teams,players that may not have even been on the field of play,were Gus not our manager...

Enjoy and feel free to add

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would say Gus is lucky to have us! Great chairman, first class training ground very shortly,decent supporters, no doubt a very tasty contract. All he needs to do now is to get us up into the playoffs if not this season, then next. Tony and the upcoming national sponsor won't want to be hanging around in the Championship come May next season. Does Gus have the tactical nous to take us there? I'm sure he does, 2013/2014 could be a landmark season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would say Gus is lucky to have us! Great chairman, first class training ground very shortly,decent supporters, no doubt a very tasty contract. All he needs to do now is to get us up into the playoffs if not this season, then next. Tony and the upcoming national sponsor won't want to be hanging around in the Championship come May next season. Does Gus have the tactical nous to take us there? I'm sure he does, 2013/2014 could be a landmark season.

He choose us as much as we choose him,i have faith in him,one thing is for sure,he will thrive in the top flight,what up and coming national sponsor? Shirt you mean.............?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
He choose us as much as we choose him,i have faith in him,one thing is for sure,he will thrive in the top flight,what up and coming national sponsor? Shirt you mean.............?

Re Sponsor, Barber has been sending out smoke signals saying that we are in advance talks with a national sponsor for our shirts. I'm hoping its American Express rather than some crap company like Hull had, Cash Converters :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Re Sponsor, Barber has been sending out smoke signals saying that we are in advance talks with a national sponsor for our shirts. I'm hoping its American Express rather than some crap company like Hull had, Cash Converters :lol:

Would be great,but why throw all our eggs into one basket,they have the stadium rights for 10 years?

Can't see a betting company,a drinks company would be a no no,what about.........a big name that's getting back on it's feet again (Gold merely spectulating and wishing here)

-Blackberry

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Would be great,but why throw all our eggs into one basket,they have the stadium rights for 10 years?

Can't see a betting company,a drinks company would be a no no,what about.........a big name that's getting back on it's feet again (Gold merely spectulating and wishing here)

-Blackberry

That could work, but maybe don't currently have the finances for a big deal. Apple would be a spectacular coup, I know a lot of people hate them but to have two of the biggest companies in the world on board would send out a huge statement of intent!! Won't happen sadly!

- - - Updated - - -

The players could have individual departments on their shirts Barnes(statement review):facepalm:

:lol:

El-Abd: Travellers Cheques

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There has been a lot of criticism over Gus's selections, tactics and substitutions recently but I thought that yesterday, he got it pretty much spot on. Hull are not where they are in the table for no reason and bringing Buckley and Vicente was the right move at the right time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus today proved why I sit on the bus, but don't wear rosy specs.

As recently as a month ago, in exactly the same situation the substitutions would have been Dicker for Hammond, Vicente for CMS.

We'd have come away with a point, having hung on for the last 15, saying 'well they are a top 6 team'.

Had he taken the winnable games by the scruff of the neck, for the last 6 months, we wouldn't be scratching around for points now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here