Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Hull (H)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuszczak-8.5-Great performance, especially after a couple of mistakes in the past couple of weeks. 2 Superb saves in the 2nd half
Bruno-8.5-Great on hiss return, Hull got little joy on his side and he provided attacking threat down the wing
Upson-8-Solid poerformance
AEA-9-MOTM-I'll hold my hands up, I've been critical of him recently but today he was absolutely superb I thought.
Bridge-8-Good performance against their most dangerous player
Bridcutt-9-Great as usual
Hammond-7.5-Solid defensively but a bit slow at moving the ball on today
Lopez-7.5-Decent but a few misplaced passes
Orlandi-8-Really bossed the midfield in the first half but a poor miss in the 2nd
CMS-8-Thought he did pretty well today
Ulloa-7.5-Thought he went down a bit too easily at times but is good in the air

Vicente-9-Changed the game completely
Buckley-8-Didn't see that much of the ball but looked threatening
Calderon-N/A

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Don't disagree with those; maybe a little harsh on Ulloa but that's about it.

I thought Upson looked good on TV, seems to have grasped the Albion way of playing out from the back and actually moved forward with the ball if there were no options on rather than just passing ti sideways across the back. Plus he won some good headers in our box. Hammond didn't seem to do much wrong but Vicente gave us something extra going forward.

Great team performance!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas -10- MOTM. Some great saves today. Coped with everything thrown at him
Bruno -6- gave us a good outlet on the Wing
El Abd -9- defended amazingly today. Got stuck in. Typical El abd performance
Upson -7- forming a good partnership with El Abd. Maybe backs off too much
Bridge -6- had to give us width as well because our line up was very narrow
Bridcutt -7- got stuck in well. And always broke up play
Hammond -3- slow, backwards and just not up to it
Orlandi -6- missed a sitter! Should have show more composure. Kept looking to hit Ulloa instead of playing easy ball
David -7- good versatile filling in a number of positions
CMS -4- a lot of energy but that's about it.
Ulloa -6- can hold up ball well but doesn't look match fit

Vicente -8- magical pass to find bridge in lead up to Orlandi chance. Portsmouthesqe freekick
Buckley -6- game passed him by
Calde -NA- not on long enough

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Fair assessment from [MENTION=11898]stss30[/MENTION] I think, maybe as [MENTION=14680]tweenster[/MENTION] says a little over harsh on Ulloa. Really believe we have a good one there

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I know we won, and therefore scores are generally higher but Hammond wouldn't get more than a 4 from me today. He was dire. The rest were solid but unspectacular. Despite some unsettling errors Vicente did change the game however my MOM would go to Upson - great positional play and solidified the rest of the back 4.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Fair assessment from [MENTION=11898]stss30[/MENTION] I think, maybe as [MENTION=14680]tweenster[/MENTION] says a little over harsh on Ulloa. Really believe we have a good one there

On reflection perhaps his rating is a bit harsh. Don't get me wrong I think he'll be a good player for us once he has fully adapted to the more physical nature of this league but for a big man I thought he should stay on his feet a bit more. I think he brought the best out of CMS though and against a team less well organised they could be a good partnership.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
agree with Seagull 1989, with a slightly lower mark for Bridcutt (based on his very high standards)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszscak - 9 - Made two utterly world class saves to make Vicente's goal the winner and not a consolation
Bruno - 7.5 - Looked good today
El-Abd - 8 - Solid as a rock
Upson - 8 - See El-Abd
Bridge - 7 - Solid
Bridcutt - 8 - Traditionally strong performance
Hammond - 7 - Kept it simple and ticking over
Spanish Dave - 7 - Not his headline stealing best but versatile and positive as ever
Orlandi - 6.5 - Not his best game today and blazed over our best chance but still industrious
CMS - 6 - Poor. Hung about offside a lot and went down very, very easily too often
Ulloa - 7.5 - Held up play really well and helped out midfield greatly at times

Subs:
Vicente - 8 - Gave the ball away more than usual but deserves masses of credit for a stunning through pass for Bridge and a superb free-kick. So classy
Calderon - 7 - Fitted in nicely and kept it simple
Buckley - 7 - Didn't have much time but still made an impact

Gus - 8.5 - Said he'd be brave and he was. Bold substitutions and line-up which paid off nicely.

Referee - 3 - Shit ref but I've come to expect that from Atwell.

Today was massive for us. Hull are an excellent side and could have won it but stoic defending, quality 'keeping and a moment of magic swung it in our favour. Buzzing tonight.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I know we won, and therefore scores are generally higher but Hammond wouldn't get more than a 4 from me today. He was dire. The rest were solid but unspectacular. Despite some unsettling errors Vicente did change the game however my MOM would go to Upson - great positional play and solidified the rest of the back 4.
Have to disagree, thought Hammond solidified the midfield and don't underestimate how good Hull are.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
On reflection perhaps his rating is a bit harsh. Don't get me wrong I think he'll be a good player for us once he has fully adapted to the more physical nature of this league but for a big man I thought he should stay on his feet a bit more. I think he brought the best out of CMS though and against a team less well organised they could be a good partnership.

Definately, CMS looked refreshed and well up for it with Ulloa next to him. Complimented each other well today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
TV ratings - will probably differ from those who were at the game.

Kuszczak - 9 - kept us in the game with some fantastic saves in the second half

Bruno - 8 - good to see him back and bombing forward
Upson - 8 - solid performance
El-Abd - 8 - ditto Upson
Bridge - 6 - kept getting beat by the pace of El-Mohammedy, don't think he'll play against a better winger this season

Bridcutt - 9 - outstanding as per usual
Lopez - 6 - poor game from him today
Orlandi - 5 - arguably his worst game for us, numerous times he gave the ball away without being under too much pressure. Missed a sitter.
Hammond - 6 - another who kept giving the ball away, will not be surprised to see Dicker take his place on Tuesday

Ulloa - 7 - not great but not horrific easier. Should stay on his feet more than throw himself to ground
Mackail-Smith - 5 - tried to play a formation to his strength but nothing came off today. Expect to see Hoskins start on Tuesday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hammond did stick out like a sore thumb.

If Gus hadn't or couldn't have got a Greer replacement in, I wouldn't be to mortified to see Hammond slotting in at centre back.

He doesn't have to speed of thought or quickness of feet, but is big and strong, and likes a challenge.
Why does he always have to spin through 360 degrees around the ball, before passing it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tomasz 9
Bruno 6
Bridge 6
AEA 8
Upson 7
Lopez 6
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 6
Orlandi 6
CMS 5
Ulloa 8

Vicente 7
Buckley n/a
Calderon n/a

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tomas 8: Worth his weight in gold today
Bruno 6: Linked well in first half but tired in second
El Alb 7: Classic Bomber performance, very clever in creating space for the goal.
Upson 5: Had little to do
Bridge 5: Thought he had a tough night against their winger. Few runs up the flank, but may have been short of energy after one too many up Frankie's bonus tunnel this week.
Hammond 5: Felt he was a bit off the pace
Bridcutt 6: Lost the ball a bit more than usual, but still everywhere.
Orlandi 6: Some nice touches but disappeared for long periods.
Spanish Dave 6: As above, bit worried about why the diving.
Ulloa 6: Some good touches and looked strong if not particularly threatening.
CMS 4: Loses possession too much for my liking, desperately want him to deliver but seems to have lost confidence and an eye for goal.

Subs
Vicente 7: Best pass of the match and a goal amidst some theatrics
Buckley 5: Did not stretch them as much as would have hoped
Calde 5: not on for long enough

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuszczac and El Abd 8. Vicente 9 and who cares about the others?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 8.5 - 4 or 5 important saves
Bruno 7.5 spent a chunk of time pushed forward and seemed to make us a bit more of a threat just before being subbed
El Abd 7 - good performance, probably best in a while
Upson 7 - confident display
Bridge 7 - strong defensively display, only really got forward once, but a great run and good cross came from it (orlandi shooting over)
Lopez 7 - some loose passes, a little soft in the challenge, but a good shot in the first half and some good forward play
Bridcutt 7.5 - decent, a few loose passes, but generally good
Hammond 7.5 - Unsung. Tides up loose ends adds some grit, does seem to have an apathetic demeanour so can look like he's not bothered when he makes a mistake
Orlandi 6.75 - couple of unnecessary dives, like lopez a little soft in the challenge
CMS 6 - I want him to find form, I want him to show why we were right to sign him, and to prove some of the unreasonable critics wrong, but he spends too much time trying to win a free kick rather than win the ball, he shows too much of the ball to the opposition, his first touch is usually poor and so he is too easily dispossessed.
Ulloa 6.5 - Seemed a little tired, and out of sorts, but worked hard.

Vicente 8.5 - Goal, classy runs cutting through the opposition
Buckley 6.25 - Anonymous.
Calderon - not on long enough

Stockdale's kit 10 - Brilliant colour.

Ref made some mistakes, but it didn't seem like the crowd got on his back about them, rather attacking him for the things he got right (two penalty claims first half, Bridcutt? not being allowed back on until the ball had gone out of play - happened in a premier league game a few weeks back where it was said in some circumstances of bleeding the player is only allowed to return once the ball is out of play, though I've skimmed through the laws of the game and not found anything, some any time CMS fell over instead of trying to win the ball, etc.)

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Kuszczak - 9
Bruno - 7.5
Bridge - 7
AEA - 9.5 MOM
Upson - 8
Lopez - 7.5
Hammond - 6.25
Bridcutt - 8
Orlandi - 6.5
CMS - 6
Ulloa - 7.5

Vicente - 8.5
Buckley - 6
Calderon - N/A

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack - 9 - MOM by a mile
Bridge - 6
El-Abd - 7
Upson - 6
Bruno - 6
Bridcutt - 7
Hammond - 6
Orlandi - 7
Spanish Dave - 7
CMS - 5
Ulloa - 6

Subs
Vicente - 7
Buckley - 6
Calderon - N/A

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Kuszczak - 9 At least two amazing saves
Bruno - 7 good attacking threat and linked up well with Dave.
AEA - 8 Solid and loved his brilliant crunching tackle in the first half when Hull had cut us in two
Upson - 8 Strong and always looked to play the ball forward. Looks a class act at this level.
Bridge - 7 decent
Bridcutt - 7.5 an average performance by him, which is still better than most.
Hammond - 6 slowed play down. It's a shame as I thought he could push on from the Arsenal performance.
Orlandi - 6.5 had some good moments in the first half
Spanish Dave - 7 didn't seem to stop running
CMS - 6 can't seem to get going.
Ulloa - 7.5 tireless and his link up play is awesome.

Vicente - 8 lifted the crowd and the team.
Buckley - 6 ok
Calde - n/a

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kuszcak - 8
Bridge - 6
El-Abd - 8
Upson - 7
Bruno - 6 (motm!?!?)
Bridcutt - 6
Hammond - 5
Orlandi - 6
Spanish Dave - 6
CMS - 5
Ulloa - 7

Subs
Vicente - 8
Buckley - 6
Calderon - N/A

I thought Hull looked very, very good and probably deserved to win the game. It's nice to see us play badly and win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here