Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: How ANNOYING is Windows 8?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
More intuitive user interface is simply a matter of taste and what you're used to, coming from a background of Windows I now use a MBP, I found the transition difficult and still prefer the Windows environment for productivity.

As per usual with the Apple sheep you mess up a couple of valid points like the fact there are many fewer viruses for the platform (not that the platform is actually less susceptible, if anything it is MORE susceptible), by adding in some nonsense like it's better for browsing the web. The majority of browser use on OSX is via Chrome, google's web browser so how does being on OSX make this easier prey-tell? Safari is a terrible browser.

I didn't say Macs were 'better' for browsing the web. I was merely disagreeing with grawhite's post that Macs were 'total shite unless you [sic] into graphics or music.' Macs are highly usable for browsing the web.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I didn't say Macs were 'better' for browsing the web. I was merely disagreeing with grawhite's post that Macs were 'total shite unless you [sic] into graphics or music.' Macs are highly usable for browsing the web.
Fair enough but it reads like it. You still want to use a word like highly to try and make out that it's somehow better than internet browsing options on other platforms when the simple truth is that it isn't.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Im running a test machine with Windows 8. It runs faster than any previous microsoft operating system and can be tailored to have what ever you want on the desktop or as a tile. Juat takes a little bit of getting used to.

Have just added a touchscreen to it as well, it runs like a dream and is tailored perfectly to it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fair enough but it reads like it. You still want to use a word like highly to try and make out that it's somehow better than internet browsing options on other platforms when the simple truth is that it isn't.

You're getting confused because of all the meaning you are putting into my words, rather than considering what I am saying.

As for your point about how intuitive an OS is, there is ample evidence that the way Windows 8 is a mish-mash between a touchscreen-based interface and a cursor/mouse-based interface is causing a lot of confusion and upset for many users. This thread is evidence of this. If it was a straight battle between OS X and Windows 7, I would have been on less firm ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here