Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being Brave?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Gus doesn't play 2 upfront today after he dropped the heaviest of hints that he would, then he will look like a fool. He MUST grow a pair and play 2 upfront, or we WILL fail to make the playoffs. We have the attacking resources to make the playoffs, we should be at least top 6 already IMHO, and we can't play the only reasonably-good Barnes. No excuses. Just do it Gus. This is it. We may fail, but we must try to win more games.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but having seen Vicente at Sheffield last week, I'm not sure his heart is in it any more.
Would love to be proved completely wrong by a sparkling performance from him today.

Vicente in midfield. Fine. If Gus plays him upfront, then that will be another HUGE mistake. He is a midfielder, a BRILLIANT midfielder. He is an inadequate striker.

- - - Updated - - -

No Buckley then start with Lua Lua and CMS, we need pace and to get into them from the start

This.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I look forward with interest as to how much "risk" will be afforded to a side like Hull today,or will caution remain..

We need to give them something more to worry about. Not hope for a 1-0 win, and end up with yet another draw. Attack. Stop pussy-footing around. We have been too cautious all season, and we have under-achieved as a result. Time to loosen the reigns, or we CAN kiss the playoffs goodbye this season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would seriously go for it today. Hull are a good team, but so are we. We have fantastic players in our squad, we should be going into our home games fully intent on winning. CMS and Ulloa cost £££ each, play them together and bosh, away we go.

Sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ El-Abd ~ Upson ~ Bridge
Bridcutt
Lopez ~ Vicente ~ Orlandi
Ulloa ~ Mackail-Smith

Bench: Ankergren, Calderon, Hammond, Hoskins, Buckley, Lualua, Forster-Caskey.

We need full-blown wingers. Buckley and LuaLua for me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we go hell for leather from the start we will lose. Hull have two pacey wingers/fullbacks/widemen and will exploit our gaps and tear us to shreds if we pile forward.
Keep it simple and control the ball, take our chances and we have a chance.

.................Kuszczak...............
Bruno.....Upson...El-Abd....Bridge
................Bridcutt.................
...........Orlandi....Hammond.......
Lopez..........................Lua-Lua
...................Ulloa...................

Just plain wrong. We have been cautious all season. This has got us to 8th. We should be at least top 6. Time to go for it. Let them worry about our brilliant wingers and strikers. Grow some balls man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here