Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not had ours through yet. Be interesting as their is only two of us now

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
£52 per month metered for two adults plus two teens. This thread has reminded me, I think we may be paying unnecessarily for surface drainage at £22 per year, I must check and challenge that. We were paying £47.50 pre-metered in our old property, half a mile away, so not a massive change.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Southern Water must be ripping me off rotten.
We have a meter imposed on us, which kicks in , in a month or so, and am really hoping the costs come down dramatically.
At present I am paying £85 a month with just two of us in the house now.!!!! It is only a two bedroom bungalow.

You're being ripped off then !!!! Even if your property was the highest rateable value you wouldn't be paying that pre-meter.

ServiceWaterSewerageCombined
Standing charge£34.42£66.46*£100.88
Charge per £ of rateable value (RV)£0.644£1.219£1.863
Bill for property with RV of £150£131.02£249.31£380.33
Bill for property with RV of £200£163.22£310.26£473.48
Bill for property with RV of £250£195.42£371.21£566.63
Bill for property with RV of £300£227.62£432.16£659.78

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The use of water meters is well over due there, it never ceased to amaze me how the water rates for my one bedroom house in Kemp Town was more than my two bedroom house in Hanover!
Everyone has water meters here and it is only right that you pay for what you use IMHO.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The use of water meters is well over due there, it never ceased to amaze me how the water rates for my one bedroom house in Kemp Town was more than my two bedroom house in Hanover!
Everyone has water meters here and it is only right that you pay for what you use IMHO.

Many years overdue.

Will curtail the nonchalant constant watering of lawns during dry spells, fast running tap whilst rinsing of dishes, and so on.

Reality check.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Apparently you can save up to 4000 litres per person a year by urinating in the shower whilst showering.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Apparently you can save up to 4000 litres per person a year by urinating in the shower whilst showering.

How would that save water? Surely you mean getting someone to urinate on you, or attach a tube to your penis/vagina, whislt in the shower with the shower turned off. I tried the former with one of my ex's, it was great fun.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
How would that save water? Surely you mean getting someone to urinate on you, or attach a tube to your penis/vagina, whislt in the shower with the shower turned off. I tried the former with one of my ex's, it was great fun.

I asked for that I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked for that I suppose.

Dec 29, 2011
Water meters are a great idea IMO. Pay for what you use, it's only fair and it works with other utilities (electricity).

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
When moving into our current address which already had a meter, water charges were well down, we discussed this with neighbours and found that if just two adults this was normal,larger families particularly with teenagers all complained of the cost.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When moving into our current address which already had a meter, water charges were well down, we discussed this with neighbours and found that if just two adults this was normal,larger families particularly with teenagers all complained of the cost.

That's not really surprising though, is it ? If the old pre-meter price was an average, one you have a meter, chances are anyone with below average occupancy will pay less and be happy, and those with more people will pay more than they used to and probably be unhappy - even though it seems to me that paying for what you use seems fairer. Maybe I would say that though as I'm now only pay £5 p/m as opposed to £79 previously

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here