Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aspiring interior designers wanted for a potential BBC One series

interiordesigntv

Feb 8, 2013
Hi all,

I'm developing a new interior design series for BBC One, and am looking to speak to people who are interested in interior design and decorating, have ideally worked on their house and would be interested in taking on somebody else's.

It might seem like a strange thing to post on here, but I'm not looking for current professional interior designers - more people that have done up their own house to a decent standard and are proud of what they've done, and would like the opportunity to stamp their style on somebody else's home. You might have taken an interior /decorating course, want to turn professional or just have a really good creative eye.

If you're interested in finding out more, please get in touch at andy.smith1@bbc.co.uk and I'll contact you with more details.

Many thanks.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Hi all,

I'm developing a new interior design series for BBC One, and am looking to speak to people who are interested in interior design and decorating, have ideally worked on their house and would be interested in taking on somebody else's.

It might seem like a strange thing to post on here, but I'm not looking for current professional interior designers - more people that have done up their own house to a decent standard and are proud of what they've done, and would like the opportunity to stamp their style on somebody else's home. You might have taken an interior /decorating course, want to turn professional or just have a really good creative eye.

If you're interested in finding out more, please get in touch at andy.smith1@bbc.co.uk and I'll contact you with more details.

Many thanks.

More spam, Bozza.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So it's changing rooms but with more chance of a complete balls-up? I used to love it when people absolutely HATED what they did to their house.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So it's changing rooms but with more chance of a complete balls-up? I used to love it when people absolutely HATED what they did to their house.

Due to budget cuts at the BBC they are merging Changing Rooms and DIY SOS :lolol: :p

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Great idea for a show - that's never been done before. :rolleyes:
Maybe they'll do one about gardening for somebody else, or cooking for somebody else; there aren't nearly enough makeover, gardening or cooking shows on TV. To give it a new angle you could team up a member of the public with a celebrity and get another celebrity to judge it! Then the lowest pairs have a decorate/weed/cook off to see who gets knocked out each week! Alternatively lock a group of disparate people from different walks of life into a dilapidated house and don't let them out until they've renovated it. Blimey, I should be doing this for a living ...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Maybe they'll do one about gardening for somebody else, or cooking for somebody else; there aren't nearly enough makeover, gardening or cooking shows on TV. To give it a new angle you could team up a member of the public with a celebrity and get another celebrity to judge it! Then the lowest pairs have a decorate/weed/cook off to see who gets knocked out each week! Alternatively lock a group of disparate people from different walks of life into a dilapidated house and don't let them out until they've renovated it. Blimey, I should be doing this for a living ...

Yeah, and once you have made enough, you could start several new channels dedicated to lifestyle shows!

Although, I would like to see a cross between Total Wipeout and an Interior Decorating show, just to see how much mess you could make in someone's house. Without Richard Hammond of course.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, and once you have made enough, you could start several new channels dedicated to lifestyle shows!

Although, I would like to see a cross between Total Wipeout and an Interior Decorating show, just to see how much mess you could make in someone's house. Without Richard Hammond of course.
I'd always thought that 'Blindfolded Building' would be quite a good idea, you'd have people shouting the instructions: "Left a bit! Up a bit!" Sort of 'Changing Rooms' meets "It's a Knockout" (Via 'The Golden Shot' if you're old enough to remember that)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'd always thought that 'Blindfolded Building' would be quite a good idea, you'd have people shouting the instructions: "Left a bit! Up a bit!" Sort of 'Changing Rooms' meets "It's a Knockout" (Via 'The Golden Shot' if you're old enough to remember that)

Yes, I like that and I do remember the Golden Shot! Let's hope Andy from the BBC reads this thread! Need to think of some more - will have to get ROTR on the case I think, this is his area of expertise!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Id more hope that the "designers" balls up the other persons house so they need DIY SOS - keeps it going then and keeps the schedule filled.

That is my concept , first half of the programme sees the designer do their thing and the second half is all about the restoration.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here