Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lennon's on a Brazilian crimewave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/John_Lennon_in_Brazilian_crimewave

Police in a Brazilian city say they have arrested three John Lennons in the last month - and a fourth landed in the city morgue.

The Beatles were massive in Brazil - with Lennon the most popular - and thousands of women named their sons after him.

The John Lennon crimewave was reported in the city of Belo Horizonte, capital of Minas Gerais state, reports the Brazil Dispatch.

The most recent arrest came when John Lennon Ribeiro Siqueira, 19, was arrested for attempting to rob a lottery agency.

Last month, John Lennon Fonseca Ferreira, 22, was arrested during an attempted robbery at a home in Belo Horizonte.

Before that, police arrested John Lenon Camargos Gomes, 22, who they say committed five homicides in the city.

They believe the suspect, a convicted drug trafficker, was also responsible for two attempted murders.

The body of John Lennon Sebastiao da Silva, 18, turned up dead in the back seat of a car parked in Belo Horizonte in January. Police suspect it was a revenge killing.

Not every John Lennon in Brazil turned out bad. John Lennon Silva Santos, 22, plays defense for one of Rio de Janeiro's most popular football teams, Botafogo.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Not every John Lennon in Brazil turned out bad. John Lennon Silva Santos, 22, plays defense for one of Rio de Janeiro's most popular football teams, Botafogo.

Sign him up, I imagine he's pretty good.

Dc203

Jan 15, 2013
Reminded me of this tim vickery article i once read. Let's sign Gandhi too!

"South American football has provided me with some strange sights over the years – few stranger than watching Mahatma Gandhi receive a yellow card. I refer to Mahatma Gandhi Heberpio Mattos Pires, a young midfielder playing his first games for Atletico Goianiense, currently bottom of Brazil’s first division.
Last Saturday I saw him in action on the club's visit to Botafogo of Rio. Thankfully the host decided not to include its reserve left back on the substitutes bench. His name is John Lennon, and with him and the Mahatma on the same team-sheet I might have felt that I had wandered into Madame Tussauds waxworks museum rather than a Brazilian league match."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's a fairly well known criminal in Brighton who has the same name as a well known rapper.

I won't name him, but if you ever see his name in the papers because he's nicked a load of cider from the local Tesco and ended up in court, it usually causes a few chuckles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here