I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz

Bruno/Calde El Abd Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Lopez Orlandi
Hoskins/CMS Ulloa

Vicente to come on for CMS/Hoskins if winning, Dicker on for Orlandi. Don't think Buckley's fit yet is he?

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Been trying to think of how to get rid of Hammond, keep the same shape but have 5 "attack minded" players instead of 4. An answer would be to play Spanish Dave in Hammond's position thus:

PIG
Bruno El-Abd Upson Bridge
Dave Bridcutt
Buckley CMS Orlandi
Ulloa

Might work. 4 decent crossers in the side, Ulloa, CMS and Buckley to put them away.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We need to win.

We need two up front, CMS and Ulloa.....1 up front is a non starter in my opinion.

We need an out and out winger. Buckley

We need the creativity of Vicente and Orlandi / Lopez to go with Bridcutt. Do not play 2 holding midfielders at home. Go for it, from the off and dont sit back if we get a goal. We have the players to terrorise the Hull back 4.

Would also like to see Bruno back in the side.

But he will go with...
Hammond and Bridcutt, Vicente will be on the bench and probably not get on. CMS will be on the bench and he play 1 up front alone. his first focus will be not to lose which is fine when in the play off position not when you are 7 points out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

and CMS will probably come on for Ulloa, not play with him.

- - - Updated - - -

and CMS will probably come on for Ulloa, not play with him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Buckley David Bridcutt Orlandi
Mackail-Smith Ulloa​

Subs Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk, Crofts, Vicente, LuaLua, Hoskins.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
gus said he bought ulloa to partner cms not to replace him. he also said in the week we need wins not draws and he was going to attack more . i expect both of them to start tomorrow . think we need the pace of buckley from the start to put them on the back foot . the problem then is we have too many midfielders to shoe horn into effectively 2 place given that bridcutt . i would maybe go for dave and orlandi but a bit worried that may leave us exposed in the midfield with just bridcutt there with any bite . so i think gus may drop one of orlandi or dave to the bench to accom hammond. shame that crofts didnt live up to expectations as he gets forward more than hammond .

must start with cms and len though . just go for it !!

- - - Updated - - -

maybe i should have just typed this out instead of waffling on like i did

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been trying to think of how to get rid of Hammond, keep the same shape but have 5 "attack minded" players instead of 4. An answer would be to play Spanish Dave in Hammond's position thus:

PIG
Dave Bridcutt
Buckley CMS Orlandi
Ulloa

Might work. 4 decent crossers in the side, Ulloa, CMS and Buckley to put them away.

Why are you trying to get rid of one of our most consistent performers of the past few weeks? He was superb against Arsenal, and Gus rightly nominated him as 1 of 4 for this month's player of the month.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the reason Gus feels the need to have two DMs is that we have VERY attacking full backs.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Why are you trying to get rid of one of our most consistent performers of the past few weeks? He was superb against Arsenal, and Gus rightly nominated him as 1 of 4 for this month's player of the month.

Just trying to find a way of getting Dave, Orlandi, Buckley CMS and Ulloa on the pitch all at the same time, without Dave playing at right back. Hammond would be the one to be sacrificed.

Could line them up as:

------------PIG
Bruno Upson El-Abd Bridge
---------Bridcutt
---Dave--------Orlandi
Buckley---------------CMS
-----------Ulloa

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly I am shocked that so many seemingly what to squeeze CMS into the team at the expense of any team shape (Bridcutt the sole centre midfielder, what has the poor bloke done to deserve that). What has CMS done to show that we should change the way we play to get him into the team? We have 2 attacking full backs, 1 holding midfieder, 1 (in theory) box to box player and 3 players behind the front line.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Honestly I am shocked that so many seemingly what to squeeze CMS into the team at the expense of any team shape (Bridcutt the sole centre midfielder, what has the poor bloke done to deserve that). What has CMS done to show that we should change the way we play to get him into the team? We have 2 attacking full backs, 1 holding midfieder, 1 (in theory) box to box player and 3 players behind the front line.

People want to see two up top now that we have someone who can hold and lay the ball off. Fairly understandable.

- - - Updated - - -

Just trying to find a way of getting Dave, Orlandi, Buckley CMS and Ulloa on the pitch all at the same time, without Dave playing at right back. Hammond would be the one to be sacrificed.

Could line them up as:

------------PIG
Bruno Upson El-Abd Bridge
---------Bridcutt
---Dave--------Orlandi
Buckley---------------CMS
-----------Ulloa

Means you're left with only THREE defensive players in the whole team. Very risky.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wouldn't start CMS.

The biggest selection dilemma I would have is leaving out Spanish Dave. As much as I like him, I think we need Bridcutt and Hammond in the middle as security, I would always start Buckley if fit as I think we need some pace and width and I am really keen to see Vicente and Orlandi play together alternating positions on the left and behind Ulloa.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The full armada will start... Bruno, Dave, Vicenti, Orlandi and Ulloa (with Calde replacing Bruno after 70 mins)
CMS will be on the bench
Upson will spend the first half aimlessly hoofing the ball away with Gus getting increasingly agitated
We'll win 3.1

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak

David Bridcutt Hammond

Buckley Ulloa Vicente

Subs:
Ankers
Calderon
Crofts
JFC
Orlandi
LuaLua
CMS

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
People want to see two up top now that we have someone who can hold and lay the ball off. Fairly understandable.

We want to see how CMS and Ulloa play together, but I don't think Gus will go 4-4-2. The way he sets up now is more flexible (ie 4-5-1 when defending, 4-3-3 when attacking).

Means you're left with only THREE defensive players in the whole team. Very risky.

Yeah, good innit! Dave and Orlandi have both shown their defensive sides recently, so can do a job if required, but have the attacking flair as well. Again, 4-5-1 when defending, with Buckley and CMS helping out but there for the quick breaks as well to turn into 4-3-3 when attacking.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone that went to Sheffield would see how well CMS played up with Ulloa. Think they both have to start

Definitely this. We were treated to 20 mins of a completely rejuvenated CMS before Ulloa had to be subbed off. My Wednesday supporting mate couldn't understand why CMS didn't start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here