Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is with the ---Updated---

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In people's replies all of a sudden and then the same reply underneath.

Have i missed something?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's the latest attempt to reduce duplicate posts, by merging posts by the same person in the same thread within a certain time. Where there is that 'update' is where some sort of glitch with vBulletin's software would have otherwise caused a double post (or maybe just when someone posts twice in quick succession in the same thread).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's rubbish!

---Updated---

It's really rubbish!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's the latest attempt to reduce duplicate posts, by merging posts by the same person in the same thread within a certain time. Where there is that 'update' is where some sort of glitch with vBulletin's software would have otherwise caused a double post (or maybe just when someone posts twice in quick succession in the same thread).

It's the latter. If someone posts more than once within a certain timescale, which I've currently set to 5 minutes, the board will automatically merge the posts. The 'update' bit is there to illustrate that the post as you're reading it is different to the post first made.

I think it's quite a useful feature by itself as one of my pet hates is when someone makes a post then quickly follows it up, ignoring that they could just edit their original post.

I turned it on last night to see if it helped at all with the rogue double posts that are made. Unfortunately it clearly doesn't, so my quest to solve that continues...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's the latter. If someone posts more than once within a certain timescale, which I've currently set to 5 minutes, the board will automatically merge the posts. The 'update' bit is there to illustrate that the post as you're reading it is different to the post first made.

I think it's quite a useful feature by itself as one of my pet hates is when someone makes a post then quickly follows it up, ignoring that they could just edit their original post.

I turned it on last night to see if it helped at all with the rogue double posts that are made. Unfortunately it clearly doesn't, so my quest to solve that continues...

Booooooo Rubbish. Turn it off.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Maybe you could turn the timescale down to 1-2 minutes? Conversations can move a surprisingly long way in 5 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here