Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much for a haircut?!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Mrs H was winging that my hair looked shit and that my old barber (Pete) did a poor job - so she booked me in today at a 'posh' (for Halifax) salon...

It all started well and the 19yr old busty, chatty beauty washed and then played with my hair for about 5mins...

The cut and style is no better than Pete's effort and cost me £16! I nearly dd a runner! (But had filled in my details on a form prior to the cut so thought better of this! Not to mention the morality issue...)

Pete is only a fiver and he doesn't try to flog me a £10 tub of gel after.

So basically my extra £11 has gone on a swanky interior and the pleasure of a 19yr old standing a little too close at times whilst discussing the merits of holidaying outside the Eurozone!

So, how much is too much when it comes to a short backs and sides?!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I pay nothing, bought a pair of electric clippers years ago because for me going to the barbers was like most people feel going to the dentist.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
£20.00 maximum I say. And for that it has to be seriously good, e.g. Pall Mall Barbers in London, which is top notch.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I pay nothing, bought a pair of electric clippers years ago because for me going to the barbers was like most people feel going to the dentist.

This. Do it yourself and spend the savings down the pub, sorted.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can buy decent electric clippers for around a tenner , dispense with the short back and sides and go for a DIY all-over number 1.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My local barbers at Fiveways costs £9, although I pay £10. They know how I like my hair and I think £10 is pretty reasonable for what I get.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Purchased some clippers around 4 years ago for £20ish. Mrs SurreyJim is now my barber!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My local barbers at Fiveways costs £9, although I pay £10. They know how I like my hair and I think £10 is pretty reasonable for what I get.
I go to Matt at what used to be Roy's (next to the Stanmer). Only £8. Not as cheap as Cooper's who used to charge £1.25!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Coopers-hairdressers.jpg

£1.00

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I go to Matt at what used to be Roy's (next to the Stanmer). Only £8. Not as cheap as Cooper's who used to charge £1.25!

I go the one on the other side of the road, think it's called AJ's. I don't know why I picked that one over the one you go to, but now that they know what I like I can't really be bothered to change.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My barber charges £9 for a haircut and £4 for a shave so I get my head shaved!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Of course it was ashit haircut, you only paid 16 quid. 16 quid is far from a posh haircut.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
£8 is what I pay at uni and seems standard.

When I have special occasions I go to a proper salon as in fairness it does look better, and that costs me £25. However that's very rare, only done it for prom and my brother's wedding!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here