Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50/50 chance the trains will bugger up

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Took the 7.29AM to Victoria.

Stopped at Balham for 25 minutes as someone was taken 'ill' at Clapham.

Then got into Victoria, and underground is CLOSED, with FOUR fire engines outside.

Oh well, tomorrow is my last day of working in London EVER again.

New job near Brighton from Monday :)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Six hours later and there's still delays. The 14.17 to Littlehampton and Eastbourne is usually an 8-carriager and breaks off at Haywards Heath. However, due to someone being taken ill at approximately 7.30 this morning at Clapham, it's just four carriages and will head to Worthing. Fine for me, but would be tannoyed if I had to wait another 45mins for the Eastbourne service like those left behind on the platform.

- - - Updated - - -

The funniest part about my last point is that we have just got to Clapham Junction and the electronic board on the platform still says service to Littlehampton & Eastbourne. Everyone piles on and then when we set off the conductor says "this service is just for Littlehampton only' to huge groans to those who have just got on wanting Eastbourne! Comical.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The whole of the Sussex route is going to be re - signalled. Work due to begin in October. I'm sure it will get much worse before it gets any better.

Cheers for that info - shall pass it on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here