Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few bits from lasr night's meeting

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I couldn't hog the floor plus everyone in the room travels on our coach so it wasn't top of most people's list as they don't use it. Sorry mate.

Not your fault mate, plenty others there who could have asked and I'm just surprised no one else who was there raised it given about a third of the pre mtg questions thread contained questions about the p&r. Maybe the vast majority don't see it as an issue, it's just the noisey decenting few like me that think it should and could be done much better from observations.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If it means that much to you, why haven't you gone along to one of the MANY meeting of supporters groups that Barber has been to?

All of them have been publicised on here.
Calm down dear. I live a long way away and can't get to sussex during evenings. And before you ask yes I have written to the club; yes I have met with the club on behalf of supporter groups in my time so don't mistake me for someone who doesn't take action and personal responsibility. The clubs line last season was its all new to us, things will get better etc in the same vain as the catering....how long do you give them to work out they could load more than one bus at a time etc?! Go on, leap to the clubs defence once more and say something really obvious like you should attend a meeting because I've never ever thought of that. Alternatively you could think maybe there is an issue here because lots of fans have mentions this and we are 18monthd on from the opening? Now have I patronised you as much as you patronised me? Or do I need to continue?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
:lol: This joke was indeed made several times last night to...

You doing grande job over that part of Sussex why not extended our fan base into Kent after all we did subsidies Gillingham and most of its pubs. I also feel Tunbridge wells was part of Sussex and nicked by Kent bit like us nicking Gatwick from Surrey:lolol:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] great write up, appreciate your time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

A question:
So we have the 10th most ST holders in the country, and amongst the highest attendances in the Champ. We have improved the commercials of our match day experience (Catering price rises, more kiosks flogging tat etc) yet our transfer/wages budget is amongst the lower reaches of the league? Is there a reason for the discrepancy? I'm presuming it's something to do with both PL parachute payments at other clubs, along with us being more cautious in terms of spending due to FFP considerations?

Sorry if this has already been explained - just something I'm not sure of.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Thanks for sharing Sheebo!

Does make you wonder how the other clubs are going to cope and will be interesting next season if we still in this league.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The impression I get from Barber's recent PR drive is that we will be in a good position to satisfy the FFP rules and that others may indeed struggle. Our matchday income is currently very healthy but our commercial deals (all signed when we were a struggling L1 side) are not making the contribution that they should. Next season we are all expecting some sort of increase in the ticket price, so more revenue there, an increase in capacity so for some games so more revenue there. In addition to this however, there will be a new shirt sponsor (definitely more money there), a new kit deal (more money from the supplier and renewed sales), other misc sponsorship deals and a renegotiated catering contract which I am sure will have more favourable terms for the club possibly at the expense of the caterers.

Despite the current losses, the as yet unexploited commercial revenues that barber has been brought into secure should complement the healthy matchday revenues nicely and give us an advantage against many of our promotion rivals (barring those with the totally unjust parachute payments).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
* Azure had a 5 yr contract and our / their lawyers are in negotiations as we spk. Paul had loads of complaints at start of this season. We're in talks with 3 or so local caterers re the contract. It wouldn't be cost effective for the club to run the catering themselves.

A mate of mine works for the lot that are currently doing it (Lyndleys or similar) and he was under the impression when I spoke to him the other week that they were going to win the contract on a more permanent basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here