Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gentlemen Of The Road UK Stopover Announced for Lewes. Mumford,vaccine etc

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Sorry if fixtures. Could not find anywhere.

19th-20th July
Gentlemen of the Road Stopover... in Lewes
Convent Fields

Friday headline: Vampire Weekend
Saturday headline: Mumford & Sons

Featuring, across the weekend, The Vaccines, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit and The Very Best Soundsystem

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Excellent line-up. I really fancy Vampire Weekend on the Friday. It seems as though its only selling tix for both days £75?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I heard a vicious one that Mumford and Sons were considering renaming themselves Mumford and Ones because they've only got one song.

;)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012

19th-20th July
Convent Fields

Saturday headline: Mumford & Sons

Featuring, across the weekend, The Vaccines, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit and The Very Best Soundsystem

cheers for putting this up here, it is like my idea line-up! made my day

Dec 29, 2011

So you just go along with anything you read on NME? NME's cool so that must be the best opinion to have :rolleyes:
How is that "a load of old crap" about Lewes? It seems to sum up the town nicely to people that don't know about it. Also, how is making an album the same as the first "shovelling the same old shit"? Surely they should stick by the sound that has made them so successful, if their second album had been totally different they would have been slated for that too. Maybe if this bloke from "Frightened Rabbit" had followed their game plan, people would have actually heard of him and his opinion could have carried more weight.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
So you just go along with anything you read on NME? NME's cool so that must be the best opinion to have :rolleyes:
How is that "a load of old crap" about Lewes? It seems to sum up the town nicely to people that don't know about it. Also, how is making an album the same as the first "shovelling the same old shit"? Surely they should stick by the sound that has made them so successful, if their second album had been totally different they would have been slated for that too. Maybe if this bloke from "Frightened Rabbit" had followed their game plan, people would have actually heard of him and his opinion could have carried more weight.

You're right. They're not a rubbish band being insufferably twee. Must buy a ticket, it's cheap after all

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard a vicious one that Mumford and Sons were considering renaming themselves Mumford and Ones because they've only got one song.

;)

My wife calls them BUMFORD and SONS and says they're a load of posh twats in tweed. My wife know her musical onions so who am I to disagree?

- - - Updated - - -

Bagged my ticket! Love Bumford & Sons andEd Sharp and the mag Zero's!!

I have corrected you.

- - - Updated - - -

Bagged my ticket! Love Bumford & Sons andEd Sharp and the mag Zero's!!

I have corrected you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard a vicious one that Bumford and Sons were considering renaming themselves Bumford and Ones because they've only got one song.

;)

I have corrected you as well

- - - Updated - - -

19th-20th July
Convent Fields

Saturday headline: Bumford & Sons

That's better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oop. It's happening again. Another insanely boring artist has called Bumford rubbish.

Jake Bugg: 'Mumford and Sons look like posh farmers with banjos' | Music | The Guardian

Maybe this will accelerate until everyone boring ever has slagged them off: me, Frightened Rabbit, Bugg, Noah and the Whale, Stereophonics, the entire touring cast of X Factor, The Lighthouse Family...a snowball of snore

Liam Gallagher said the have nits.

- - - Updated - - -

So have we established whether or not Bumford and Sons are:

a) Tediocre
b) Mediocre
c) Smokin

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here