Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Playoffs out of reach?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
9 points behind Palace, with a game in hand and a home game against them. Win both and the gap is down to 3 points.

I can't believe people are writing us off this early. It's madness.

Palace's next 2 are against Watford and Middlesbrough.

Points WILL be dropped above us.

This is perhaps our best chance of making up ground, and why victories against Hull and Blackburn are so VITAL. The longer we stay in 8th place, the harder it becomes to catch up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hate is a very strong word. I don't hate Poyet, in fact there have been times when I adore the guy. But I do think everyone finds their level and maybe this is his. I would love to be wrong. Someone the other day asked if we would be better off with hoofball Mick McCarthy. I'd just like to point out McCarthy took Ireland to the 2002 World Cup and has won promotion from this division twice with Sunderland(94pts) and Wolves and is currently steering Ipswich to safety, quite comfortably. Not a bad cv I would suggest. When was the last time we beat a top six side 4-0 at home???....In fact when was the last time we scored 4 goals???

Well you never have a good word to say about him, so you may not hate him, but you certainly never show any support for him on here. As for his level - we do not know what his level is - you are desperate for this to be it as you do not want him at the club. Every time someone posts something negative about Poyet, you are in there backing them up. You make up your own theories about everything, but they all have one thing in common - Poyet out. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I find it extremely odd that this is how you want to support your team. I do not advocate blind support, far from it, but your view is so myopic that I cannot believe that you derive any enjoyment whatsoever in supporting Brighton. You certainly disappear for long periods after we win, then you are all over every thread when we lose.

You may not be like this is real life Kev, but that is how you appear on NSC.

Would we be better off with hoofball Mick? Short term maybe, long term definitely not. He is the sort of manager you appoint in a crisis, not when you want to build a club from the bottom up. It is an interesting opinion, but not one that I would personally subscribe to.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well you never have a good word to say about him, so you may not hate him, but you certainly never show any support for him on here. As for his level - we do not know what his level is - you are desperate for this to be it as you do not want him at the club. Every time someone posts something negative about Poyet, you are in there backing them up. You make up your own theories about everything, but they all have one thing in common - Poyet out. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I find it extremely odd that this is how you want to support your team. I do not advocate blind support, far from it, but your view is so myopic that I cannot believe that you derive any enjoyment whatsoever in supporting Brighton. You certainly disappear for long periods after we win, then you are all over every thread when we lose.

Would we be better off with hoofball Mick? Short term maybe, long term definitely not. He is the sort of manager you appoint in a crisis, not when you want to build a club from the bottom up. It is an interesting opinion, but not one that I would personally subscribe to.

:thumbsup:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I think the next month or so is going to tell us everything about Poyet. Because I honestly believe we have the players to be a top six team, if not better. There are plenty of points to play for. No cup distractions and no excuses, it's still very much in our own hands, no one else's. My heart tell's me we will be at Wembley in May, my head tell's me our season will be over before the last 3 or 4 games. I really hope my heart is right and Poyet is held shoulder high around the Amex in May....But I won't be putting any money on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the next month or so is going to tell us everything about Poyet. Because I honestly believe we have the players to be a top six team, if not better. There are plenty of points to play for. No cup distractions and no excuses, it's still very much in our own hands, no one else's. My heart tell's me we will be at Wembley in May, my head tell's me our season will be over before the last 3 or 4 games. I really hope my heart is right and Poyet is held shoulder high around the Amex in May....But I won't be putting any money on it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We are 5 points off the playoffs.

We have seventeen GAMES left.

SEVENTEEN.

If you think the playoffs are out of reach, then I submit that you haven't got a clue what you are on about. You should have all scissors removed from your vicinity, for fear of you mistaking them for eye drops. You probably have a little bit of dribble sliding down your slack-jawed chin right now as you have this reply read to you.

- - - Updated - - -

SEVENTEEN.

If you think the playoffs are out of reach, then I submit that you haven't got a clue what you are on about. You should have all scissors removed from your vicinity, for fear of you mistaking them for eye drops. You probably have a little bit of dribble sliding down your slack-jawed chin right now as you have this reply read to you.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

SEVENTEEN.

- - - Updated - - -

SEVENTEEN.

If you we get a WINNING streak on without a draw in between and start getting this moving NOW we may be in with a chance. Current form is not leading towards a push towards the play offs. Clearly its all mathematically possible but back to my original point we have only won 10 in 29 games in total so to suddenly go on a winning streak is unlikely based on the stats which don't lie...so stick that in your pipe and smoke it

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What's with all this ---Updated--- stuff going on? Sort you life out, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

SEVENTEEN.

- - - Updated - - -

SEVENTEEN.

Why why why are you you repeating yourself self update update. Sort sort yourself out out. Get get get sorted. Update update. Besides we have 20 games left not seventeen seventeen. You have not included included the update two play off semi finals and the play off final at Wembley. Repeat update WEMBLEY.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
looking good 2 games in hand over palace only 9 points behind (assuming they lose tonight from 2.0 down) and gotta play em at home. playoffs nowhere near outta reach.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Look at the table the 1 single team (if they get they act together) to make the play-off's............it's screaming out loud!!!!! is Brighton.....or us!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
looking good 2 games in hand over palace only 9 points behind (assuming they lose tonight from 2.0 down) and gotta play em at home. playoffs nowhere near outta reach.

6 points required from Hull and Blackburn.

dicks-bar-bouncer

Feb 2, 2013
i dont understand the negativity or the rush..as long as there is progress on and off the pitch thats all good.why should we be a top 6 side we are hardly the only team with good players.half the clubs fans will think the same.its a very hard league and its all about consistant finishes.staying in the top 10 and your time will come like cardiff this year..keep doing what we are doing and we will get to the prem...whats the rush?? If it happens this season or next or in 5 years.it is still a club and team to be proud of!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think it is impossible, but obviously we need to turn draws into wins at home. It is crucial we win the majority of home games from now on in...and I miss 3 of them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although I wanted Watford to win tonight it means both teams ended up with a point which benefits us when we win tomorrow. If we don't get 6 points from the home games against Hull and Blackburn then we're near enough out of the reckoning.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Although I wanted Watford to win tonight it means both teams ended up with a point which benefits us when we win tomorrow. If we don't get 6 points from the home games against Hull and Blackburn then we're near enough out of the reckoning.

100 percent this.

Two wins, and we're right back in it.

Anything less and it's pretty much all over.

Get behind the team tomorrow!

Feb 14, 2010

This, especially if Vicente is as some on this board would have you believe, better than Gotsmanov and Lawrenson. If he is, then we should breeze in top the play offs, should he pull his finger out that is. As matters stand however the players in this squad miss chance after chance and give soft goals away. They are good players but so far, they have just not been professional enough and whilst I hope I'm wrong, I can't see it. It also doesnt help that that we gave palace the leading goal scorer in the division. Not as bad as missing out on Ian Wright but why do Brighton have to shoot ourselves in the foot like this time after time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here