Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshire - England's best CM since Paul Scholes.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I thought he was unbelievable tonight. This lad can be anything he wants to be. The new Fabregas for Arsenal. In the words of Frank Lampard after the game 'He will be one of the best players in the world'.

Genuinely excited about our prospects at the next world cup. Wilshire and Walcott are definitely world class potentially and Cleverley is progressing rapidly. Rotate Gerrard and Lampard every other game alongside Wilshire. Rooney and Welbeck upfront. Hart in goal. Cole or Baines LB. Johnson RB. Cahill and Jagielka at CB.

Last edited:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Zaha impact sub :moo:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Would switch Welbeck for Sturridge.

Both of a similar ability in my opinion. Again you could rotate them in tournament football to keep them fresh.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Both of a similar ability in my opinion. Again you could rotate them in tournament football to keep them fresh.

This.
Welbeck was ahead for a while, whilst Sturridge languished at a chaotic Stamford Bridge, but now he's back on track with his career.

Lots of positives for England moving forward.

The far better coaching at clubs through the age groups now, is beginning to produce some technically gifted English players.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It's about time to be fair!! The Premiership is flooded with money.

This.
Welbeck was ahead for a while, whilst Sturridge languished at a chaotic Stamford Bridge, but now he's back on track with his career.

Lots of positives for England moving forward.

The far better coaching at clubs through the age groups now, is beginning to produce some technically gifted English players.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Wilshire honestly outplayed Xavi and Iniesta when Arsenal beat Barca 2-1 a few years ago.....and that was aged 19/20....incredible English talent

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as he can actually tackle, destined to be better than Scholes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm slightly scared of how good Wilshere looks already.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Gerrard already better than Scholes. Wiltshire probably will be too. Scholes needs someone behind him to do all the hard work.

Scholes at his peak is still better IMO. Wilshere/Gerrard may be seen as more rounded players as they're better defensively but Scholes has been acknowledged by more or less every top player in the world, including Zidane, Xavi etc, as being the best player they've ever come up against. That says a lot...

Paul Scholes - Wikiquote

All of that said, Wilshere was scarily good tonight. Friendly or otherwise, he was taking the piss at times. What I never realised about him until he came off the bench at the Amex, and then again tonight, is how QUICK he is. He's got a great eye for a pass, good technique, fantastic work rate and gets stuck in, but I didn't think of him as being quick. A couple of times he left the Brazilian midfield for dead. Going to be a world class player.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Gerrard already better than Scholes. Wiltshire probably will be too. Scholes needs someone behind him to do all the hard work.

That's a ridiculous statement. Scholes is comfortably the best English midfielder of the last 30 years. Anyone with a decent understanding of football recognises this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's a ridiculous statement. Scholes is comfortably the best English midfielder of the last 30 years. Anyone with a decent understanding of football recognises this.

You are going a little bit far surely. To say Scholes is COMFORTABLY the best in 30 years is ridiculous. Have you actually considered the midfielders this country has produced in that time?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Your all NUTS !!!

He's bloody good and the best English midfielder today by far yes. But that's it .....

He's not world class certainly not in Scholes category who has a football brain and vision Jack could only dream of having.

Most your comments just go to show how deluded most the English fans are today in their dream we have World Class Players.

I'm as Patriotic as the next England fan , but I don't get suckered in by the English press and hype

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here