Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ghana v Burkina Faso

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Am I really the only person on here who has just watched that shambles of a refereeing performance. Investigate him as match fixing looks a cert. Ghana pen a joke. Three pens and legit goal denied for Burkina Faso and playmaker now misses final following joke red card! Shame as they play exciting football. Alas ref seemed to be acting to a script. Best team eventually won after shoot out.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've found it hard to watch any of the African nations cup
The pitches have been awful don't think the standard has been great and the:vuvu: do my head in they don't add nothing to the atmos , there's so much other football on tv these days I just can't bring myself to watch it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The pitches have been awful don't think the standard has been great

its odd isnt it? we see alot of the players and know them to be good but theres something odd about the African cup i cant my finger on, its just not like other levels. you couldnt say its like lower leagues, the ability is far too good for that, but sometime the pace and flow feels like that. theres a lack of urgency, but they are competitive. maybe its just down to heat?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
its odd isnt it? we see alot of the players and know them to be good but theres something odd about the African cup i cant my finger on, its just not like other levels. you couldnt say its like lower leagues, the ability is far too good for that, but sometime the pace and flow feels like that. theres a lack of urgency, but they are competitive. maybe its just down to heat?

Ghana are good example. Lots of players operating at decent level. As a team they were very poor. Barely looked League One quality at times.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I watched this game.The pitch was absolutely dire,the quality of the play was abject and the standard of refereeing totally laughable.

The sending off was so poor as to raise the queries concerning alleged fixing plausible,and of course the player wrongly booked and sent off will miss the biggest match in his country's footballing history.Shame on the referee,and on the African FA if they don't do something about it.

I only watched because it was a competitive match on an evening of pointless friendlies.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Tbh, the majority of the football played has been dire with most of the pitches worse than some Sunday league ones - 1 stadiums pitch is 50% sand at the moment !!

I dont think its match fixing, its a combination of crap teams and crap officials.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Got Bukino Faso in my work sweep stake so could be quids in :thumbsup: Shame about the red really though. Assume it can't be resinded? Maybe we'll get 3 pens in the final to make up for today :D

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It looked like Nelspruit was under attach from a swarm of bugs

BF worth their win. To be fair the ref made a good (and tough) call with the disallowed goal for high boot.

Should have been a pen though.

That Bance looked like he gets in all the right positions without converting...could play for us

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I was working so only saw stoppage time & pens. Most of the above is true, but also: how RUBBISH were those shootout penalties?! Five of 'em were as bad as the one Harley took for Albion at 'Wall, after which I'd have happily seen him fired!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here