Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Son getting bullied at school

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Have any of you experienced your children getting bullied? If so I would like advice. My son is four and when I put him to bed he started screaming saying how scared he was of some of the boys at school and explained what they do to him. I know the school are aware of some issues with a group of boys but what should I do? I am going into school tomorrow for a chat with the teacher but how far should I go?

My son was born aug 29th so young and he is well behaved and struggles with some of the really rough kids. I am of half a mind to tell him just to smack one of them but then it may stop him being bullied but they may move onto someone else.

It sucks and I feel a bit lost. I guess all I can do is trust the school to deal with it although I am very tempted to take it up with the parents.

Anyone who has been through this I would appreciate advice.
Cheers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly telling him to smack them will result in him being in trouble as you are not allowed to stand up for yourself these days in a politically correct world.

Suggest you raise it with the school

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think it would be helpful if you describe what has actually happened rather than using such a loaded term as 'bullying.' A bit too soon to be labelling other people's children as 'bullies.'

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks. I really like his teacher but it appears since he got an award for being able to read the bully boys have been after him. I guess have a chat to his teacher and then head. It feels a bit harsh on his teacher to go straight to the head.

In fact sod that I will go to the head.

Ta

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My son is four
Bloody hell, I was expecting this thread to be about a much older child. Is it a rough area, or just a shit school? I can't imagine that happening at our local school.
he started screaming saying how scared he was of some of the boys at school and explained what they do to him.
What do they do?

I'd start by speaking to his teacher and seeing if they're aware of any problems, and see how that goes. If you're not getting anywhere, I'd speak to the head.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Never heard of 4year old bullies. Usually i would say batter the bully but the thought of any 4 year old being hit by anyone is horrible. I would go see the head. Maybe try set up a meeting with the other kids parents

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
has to be at break time and lunch time I guess and more than likely older kids. I got bullied at primery school at the age of 6 and just took a beating one day instead of running away, I just went looking for them after school and said here I am what have you got and took said beating however the next day in the playground they came upto me and asked if I wanted to join there gang, I told them no and they left me alone. Not saying that is what your boy should do, but good luck kids are nasty.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is not a rough area at all. I live in Warwick. Apparently they have four little shits in his class. Sadly other schools are not really an option.

I could not believe what he was saying. They sound like 4 year old Krays. They hit him and then follow him calling him names. Most of names are kid insults like you smell of poo but then they call him square and tell him reading is for girls. He tried to walk away but they grab him and threaten him. He has not told me before because he is scared. Last week his teacher did tell us someone had hit him so now it is time to deal with it.

I do not remember any bullying as a kid until I was about 8 or 9. To start at four is terrible.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Be aware though schools have a habit of insisting they don't have a bullying problem. Its happened three times to my kids/step kids at different schools and twice with been told there's not a problem. One time we had to go to the school governers to get it sorted.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
go to the head

it is the heads job to sort it out

if nothing is resolved go to ofstead, they will sort the head out; they take bullying very seriously.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Never heard of 4year old bullies. Usually i would say batter the bully but the thought of any 4 year old being hit by anyone is horrible. I would go see the head. Maybe try set up a meeting with the other kids parents

It is four boys. Their parents Are horrible. Two little weasel blokes drop off two of them. I am tempted to ask them if they think it is acceptable. Will let the school try and sort it first.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Go to the head and the teacher, tell them if they dont sort it out you will pull your son out of the school and report the school to the council. It is the local council (I think) that gives out fines for non authorised absence, they have to take notice. Finally tell your son to bite one of their fingers off or something like that. My daughter jabbed a ruler into the eye of a boy that kept pushing her around. She got into trouble, but guess what, he won't go near her now.
School is tough for some kids and it can start very very early. Stop it now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Be aware though schools have a habit of insisting they don't have a bullying problem. Its happened three times to my kids/step kids at different schools and twice with been told there's not a problem. One time we had to go to the school governers to get it sorted.

I won't say what I do for a job but I know the head and he will listen when I make my point.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sorry mate but at 4 years old I can't see kids ganging up on one child ,it's a very delicate situation obviously but at that age I don't think you need to worry to much he'll toughen up when his confidence grows , if he comes to you aged 7 to 14 and he says he's being bullied then more serious steps would need to be taken

Camicus

Aye talk to the head. But also tell your boy to give them a good hiding they will back down and they will not trouble him again. Failing that keep him home till its sorted or give there old man a slap best nip it in the bud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here