Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away season ticket

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My concern would be that not everyone can attend every game. I can only do about a dozen. Does that make it difficult for me to get a match day ticket. I am hoping that it would only be about 500 max who would take this up.
No way it'd be that many. Lots of away games don't get many more than that and they're not the same people every time. I reckon 200 max.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Great idea and I would definitely go for it provided you have some say where your seat will be. At my age, I was not impressed by having to climb to row 42 at St Mary's, for example. I do not want to stand at every game nor have to be in the front row looking through a goal net.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the assumption that they would deal with these tickets first each game there is a fair chance you will get a shit seat each time. They always seem to sell from the front or side first not the back or middle.

Also how does this effect the loyalty points system?

Seems like another profit making scheme from Paul Barber to me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO, it's a cash grab by the club. There's just no logic to it. I would much rather them adding the cup games to the ST from the word go, I'd be happy to see them factored in, as it would save time and effort, and ST holders are more likely to attend if the price was built in, rather than having to physically buy a ticket. It's not necessarily laziness - the Arsenal game fell in the middle of my financial month, couldn't afford the ticket as hadn't budgeted for it - if my ST rose by an extra, say, £15 a month, I could budget for that and not have to worry about paying for games that tickets come up in the middle of the month?

On the assumption that they would deal with these tickets first each game there is a fair chance you will get a shit seat each time. They always seem to sell from the front or side first not the back or middle.

It's not compulsory.

As already mentioned, only a few hundred hard-core fans will take up the offer. Profits for the club? Yep, I guess BHAFC will make Tens of Thousands in (High) interest (Less the cost of sending the tickets out, of course)

I go to every away game but still cant see me going for it. Each game I attend varies on which mates of mine can attend and i always sort tickets to sit with them. Nice idea, but think going to the website to buy is a small inconvenience compared with the seasons worth of joy following the club brings.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

To be fair though G, when was the last time you went away and was asked to sit in the seat that was on your ticket number?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Been to every away game this and last season but unless its a discounted price I wouldn't want to risk it... Miss 2/3 games and the money you save on booking fees is gone.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pointless, there is no benefit and since going to away games is a lot more hassle (usually) than home games, there would be probably about 100 maximum.

There would be no discount and if there was, the club would be paying towards your ticket and losing money, so it would never happen.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Again, I see no benefit whatsoever.

The most i've done in a season is 17 or 18 away games, and that would be unlikely to see me see any financial gain whatsoever. There are probably 2 or 3 away games this season which we will sell out (Palace, Charlton, and possibly couple of others), all of which I know i can easily get tickets for if i apply for them within reasonable time. Only teams that need this scheme are those like Man Utd, Liverpool and the like who sell out most, if not all away games. For us, and pretty much every other championship club, it's a complete waste of time.

I'd say 100 people max, and that's pushing it.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I go to every away game I can but inevitably end up missing 3 or 4. Ill health, re-arranged fixtures, weddings, whatever. It's pretty hard to do an entire season. If there is no discount to reflect that then I'm better off buying individually.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
We have away STs at Wednesday.

The plan is simple but effective.

Pay a one off admin fee £30 for collection/£60 for post.

Tickets are then sent on a match by match basis and you pay this via the bank around 3 weeks before the game, if you cannot make it for any reason you let the club know in advance. We also can take tickets back for a refund up to 48 hours before kick off.

The take up is a maximum of 500 at Wednesday so as to not deprive supporters when allocations are restricted.

No queuing, no having to log in to book, all simple and effective.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If we went to the prem I'd buy one only 19 games as opposed to 23 away in championship, also less travelling to games such as
Arsenal ,Chelsea , West ham , QPR , Saints ,reading ,Fulham plus West brom ,Villa & Norwich not far either so 10 games within under 2 & half hours travelling time .
Where as in the championship the only close games are Watford ,Palace & Charlton with the majority being way up north I couldn't commit myself to that much travelling every other week with a championship away season ticket .

Plus if you are travelling a long distance north I'd find it more appealing going to Liverpool, man utd & Newcastle than going to Barnsley , hull & middlesbrough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here