Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away season ticket

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
how many on here would purchase if they come out next season?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
If it worked out £17 odd per game like my Amex ticket, I'm in :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Possibly but would need to be very good value, since the Championship we have less away fans or probably bigger allocations

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think it would be a great idea, I'd get one as it saves the hassle of purchasing individual tickets and I'd end up going once I paid for it rather than the current scenario of sometimes thinking I won't bother and save th money instead

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There will be no discount but no admin fee either.

The club will estimate/calculate the cost of a ticket at the beginning of the season and either give people money back if it turns out cheaper, or bill them for a few quid more if it works out more.

Source? Paul Barber.

If you add up price of away ticket this season it works out about £611.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
How would it work though? Presumably, the club would take the money off you at the beginning of the season (gaining them interest), for, say, 20 games at £30 a pop, then give x percentage of that to each club respectively?? So, an additional £600 odd quid for no real purpose - other than guaranteeing a seat at the bigger games - which if your a hardcore enough away fan, won't be a problem anyway? Unless there was a genuine incentive in this, I'm not entirely sure it would be a goer - it's offering nothing that people have already, but for an upfront cost???

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
How would they do this? How do you sell tickets for a different-sized event every week, months in advance? What happens if, say, 3,000 away season ticket holders (hugely unlikely I know, but this is a hypothetical situation) end up chasing 2,500 tickets at one of the smaller stadiums?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
IMO, it's a cash grab by the club. There's just no logic to it. I would much rather them adding the cup games to the ST from the word go, I'd be happy to see them factored in, as it would save time and effort, and ST holders are more likely to attend if the price was built in, rather than having to physically buy a ticket. It's not necessarily laziness - the Arsenal game fell in the middle of my financial month, couldn't afford the ticket as hadn't budgeted for it - if my ST rose by an extra, say, £15 a month, I could budget for that and not have to worry about paying for games that tickets come up in the middle of the month?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
There will be no discount but no admin fee either.

The club will estimate/calculate the cost of a ticket at the beginning of the season and either give people money back if it turns out cheaper, or bill them for a few quid more if it works out more.

Source? Paul Barber.

If you add up price of away ticket this season it works out about £611.

If all you're saving is the booking fee (£2 a game shared by the number of tickets you buy) you'd only need to miss a couple of games to be out of pocket. How many people can be sure they won't miss at least 2 or 3 away games? I can't see it being very popular. Do any other teams offer an away season ticket? If so how popular are they?

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
imo, it's a cash grab by the club. There's just no logic to it. I would much rather them adding the cup games to the st from the word go, i'd be happy to see them factored in, as it would save time and effort, and st holders are more likely to attend if the price was built in, rather than having to physically buy a ticket. It's not necessarily laziness - the arsenal game fell in the middle of my financial month, couldn't afford the ticket as hadn't budgeted for it - if my st rose by an extra, say, £15 a month, i could budget for that and not have to worry about paying for games that tickets come up in the middle of the month?

woosh!!!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
How would they do this? How do you sell tickets for a different-sized event every week, months in advance? What happens if, say, 3,000 away season ticket holders (hugely unlikely I know, but this is a hypothetical situation) end up chasing 2,500 tickets at one of the smaller stadiums?

I guess they'd limit the numbers to the smallest away end in the league. This is still likely to hugely exceed demand.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
IMO, it's a cash grab by the club. There's just no logic to it. I would much rather them adding the cup games to the ST from the word go, I'd be happy to see them factored in, as it would save time and effort, and ST holders are more likely to attend if the price was built in, rather than having to physically buy a ticket. It's not necessarily laziness - the Arsenal game fell in the middle of my financial month, couldn't afford the ticket as hadn't budgeted for it - if my ST rose by an extra, say, £15 a month, I could budget for that and not have to worry about paying for games that tickets come up in the middle of the month?

Why don't you just save £15 per month and manage your own finances?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why are people on here so NEGATIVE about everything. All prem clubs do it, we're just preparing for the prem.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
An away season ticket at Leeds is £714, of which they have around 350 members.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont go to enough aways to justify it. Last season would have been a good idea as i wemt to them all.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
My concern would be that not everyone can attend every game. I can only do about a dozen. Does that make it difficult for me to get a match day ticket. I am hoping that it would only be about 500 max who would take this up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here