Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Owners.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe the government would understand if their outfits were chipped instead.

dog_dance_2137030i.jpg

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Mine have been chipped. Can't see any valid reason for not complying tbh.
Can't see how this will affect illegal dog breeding for fighting though.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Good idea, for the welfare of the animals and the community at large.

Not sure how it will be enforced though? Arm PCSOs with scanners so they can clock unchipped dogs down the local park?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bring back licences basically? not sure im fussed, is there a big stray dog problem? what about for cats too? would have though dangerous dogs a bigger issue, and having a chip doesnt stop mistreatment/poor training.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
bring back licences basically? not sure im fussed, is there a big stray dog problem? what about for cats too? would have though dangerous dogs a bigger issue, and having a chip doesnt stop mistreatment/poor training.

I agree with you about dangerous dogs, but even more so I agree about cats which should be similarly controlled as they are far worse than dogs for making mess etc.. No dogs can get into my back garden but they certainly leave their mark and that apart from their negative effect on birds.

Chips and licences for cats and restrictions on breeding !!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Its a good idea, so long as all the rescue centres use scanners to check the chips. We have had reports of several animal rescue centres up here (not the big guys RSPCA, Dogs Trust etc) having dogs bought in that have microchips but not scanning them... very odd.

Also would like to see a licence bought in, and as a requisite part of that licence, compulsory attendance at basic obedience and welfare classes.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That will in small part address the problem of dangerous dogs. Mandatory muzzles and leads would be far more effective.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Strange how the world has changed. When I was a teenager in the 60's dogs were chucked out to roam the streets for the day.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Our cat is done. Happy to see dogs getting chipped too.

The chip simply identifies our my against a number that comes up when a scanner is waved over it's neck- which is fine- but is there a chip that you can use to locate an animal's position? My phone has one as does every sat nav. Maybe the technology isn't there yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here