Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking at the Amex

Strimm

Apr 2, 2011
New York
Quick question. I am going to my first game at the Amex on Saturday and want to meet a friend at full time for a pint. I am going to be in the West Stand Lower and he is in East Stand Upper. Will I be able to go in the East Stand after the game or vice versa/or is there somewhere at the ground we can both get in for a pint?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
As above all concourses are open after the game but also Dicks Bar and the East stand brasserie bar are other choices

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If you're aiming to have a nice ale, half expect it to be sold out unless you fancy the queue for Dicks (which is good when you get in). If you'll drink any old piss, any concourse will do.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In my experience they haven't let people join us in WSU after the match, so maybe same for ESU.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Lets hope they have some this time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was in your shoes, other than thm posibly not fitting properly, I would gpo to the East Stand to meet him and then when that shuts go to the North which tends to stay open longest. I do not go to Dicks Bar as I dont like it I think that other than not being able to sit down the concourses are better with more atmosphere and an added bonus was that at the last game they had London Pride on draught, at long last a decent bitter:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quick question. I am going to my first game at the Amex on Saturday and want to meet a friend at full time for a pint. I am going to be in the West Stand Lower and he is in East Stand Upper. Will I be able to go in the East Stand after the game or vice versa/or is there somewhere at the ground we can both get in for a pint?

You are also allowed in the East Stand Brasserie (which is one of the pre-match restaurants before the game) after the game, which is accessed pretty much in the centre of the stand from the outside. :cheers:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
East Stand Brass has a very small serving area.

I'd head for North as it's between you both. I suspect you are an Albion fan of old so you'll also appreciate the fantastic artwork of the north with many blown-up action pics of the old Goldstone days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arrange to meet in East Stand Lower after the game. More serving staff than customers, and features the world's supply of unsold pies. Or stand in a stupidly long queue in WSU only to be told when you get to the front about an hour later that they got no food or drink of any kind left. The choice is YOURS! (OK, so one day the dumb fucks will get the distribution right, but in the interim, gotta go where the beer n pies are, no? Unless of course you are happy to stand in a stupidly long queue - as far too many people seem to be)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here