Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police appeal after CHAMPIONSHIP footballer robbed of £30,000 watch

Dec 29, 2011
Didums, more important things in the world. A few weeks ago the headline story on the BBC website was that Scholes had his £150,000 car stolen. That seriously pissed me off, of all the problems we have in this very f***ed up world and a guy having a car stolen when it's two weeks wages makes the headlines. Disgrace.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why the surprise? He's spent most of his career at the top level with Rangers, Schalke and Newcastle. Fairly likely he'd have earned a good living don't you think?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didums, more important things in the world. A few weeks ago the headline story on the BBC website was that Scholes had his £150,000 car stolen. That seriously pissed me off, of all the problems we have in this very f***ed up world and a guy having a car stolen when it's two weeks wages makes the headlines. Disgrace.

I assume you wouldn't report anything to the police that cost you 2 weeks wages?

I know if my tag got nicked, I'd be reporting it to the police.

Dec 29, 2011
I assume you wouldn't report anything to the police that cost you 2 weeks wages?

I know if my tag got nicked, I'd be reporting it to the police.

:facepalm: How did you get "not reporting it to the police" from what I said? I said it wasn't newsworthy, do you think if I had £200 nicked from my house the BBC would clamour over it? No, it's only because large sums are involved people care, but they are relatively small to footballers.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I think he got it free. It was from one of the sponsors.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, two men threaten him and assault him and get away, police look for info on them and you make it about his watch not the criminals who are running free who may attack other people and so present a public risk? Yes the police highlight it's a unique timepiece, but that makes it a good way to track it and follow it back to the two men who tried to also take his attacked him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I feel really, really, really, really, really sorry for the poor chap. Perhaps we should organise a bucket collection or something?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Countdown to the "For sale, Hublot designer watch, offers from £28k" thread appearing on here. Tick tock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here