Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for Paul Barber?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hi all - Paul Barber is kindly joining us tonight for our Seagulls Over Burwash supporters club meeting. It's going to be a Q & A type thing.

Anyone got any (serious) questions / concerns they want me to try and ask?

I will personally be asking about the match by match ticket prices as many seem to agree they're on the whole too high and I think we actualyl lost out on revenue for the Newcastle game..

Also, can someone confirm if the 'Fans not Customers' banner was related to a specific interview where Paul Barber called us 'customers'?

Thanks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many tickets are THE SCUM getting for March 17th ?
supplementary question
Are we asking for the money in advance for the initial allocation ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Any progress on a further P&R?
Is Hickstead where it's planned to relieve the pressure on Mill Road?
We have planning permission for a 30,750 capacity, given that there are always seats to be used for segregation, are there more than 30750 seats going in so that 30,750 tickets can be sold?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
1. Can they try and train the P&R stewards to load more than one bus at a time and not have to board a bus when it's 95% full to count any empty seats thus leaving '000's waiting
2. Please put all available seats on sale at the same time and not hold back the less expensive ... it's "nickel and diming"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi all - Paul Barber is kindly joining us tonight for our Seagulls Over Burwash supporters club meeting. It's going to be a Q & A type thing.

Anyone got any (serious) questions / concerns they want me to try and ask?

I will personally be asking about the match by match ticket prices as many seem to agree they're on the whole too high and I think we actualyl lost out on revenue for the Newcastle game..

Also, can someone confirm if the 'Fans not Customers' banner was related to a specific interview where Paul Barber called us 'customers'?

Thanks

Dragging up the fans v customers thing again would be a waste of his (and your) time. He's already explained his position very clearly on that - that we are all BOTH - that its Gus' job to deal with the fan in us, and his job to look after the customer.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
"Are there any plans for the club to install a 'lobster tv' style webcam to allow fans to follow progress of building works at the new training facility in Lancing?"

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There were plans to introduce photographs on season tickets or has this plan been shelved / dismissed , also what lifespan do the current season tickets have when issued in 2011 . Cheers

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
1. Can they try and train the P&R stewards to load more than one bus at a time and not have to board a bus when it's 95% full to count any empty seats thus leaving '000's waiting

Answer is to get the bus companies to always supply similar buses on a specific route and not mix single and double deckers.
One Steward stands at front of queue to Marshall fans on to bus and ensure nobody pushes in and another counts back the required number of fans and stands in the queue at the bus full position. When he gets to the front he starts counting and walking back again. This should work on P&R routes but not on H&S but those queues are shorter anyway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Answer is to get the bus companies to always supply similar buses on a specific route and not mix single and double deckers.
One Steward stands at front of queue to Marshall fans on to bus and ensure nobody pushes in and another counts back the required number of fans and stands in the queue at the bus full position. When he gets to the front he starts counting and walking back again. This should work on P&R routes but not on H&S but those queues are shorter anyway.

Exactly ... not rocket science, could prob get away 2 maybe 3 times quicker. But here we are 18 months later and still same stupidity

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Can Paul confirm that we are not paying a penny in wages or other expenses to Stephen Dobbie or Palace during his loan spell with them??

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
When are st renewals due to be issued?

What (if any) price increase on st for next season?

What st price increase is likely if we get to the prem?

:)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I understand that as Customers we can only be shown the blocks of seats for matches a small portion at a time, to whip up the illusion of scarcity. Scarcity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
As a fan, if I am not keen on say the apparently available seats for the Blackburn game, I just have to wait until other blocks are released or venture down other avenues, thus depriving the Club of getting any revenue from me.
Show me what's available as they do at the Opera, which we have established is cheaper to attend.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Can he ask the Seagulls Over Burwash "Chairman" how many times he set foot in Withdean before we got our shiny new ground :p

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I understand that as Customers we can only be shown the blocks of seats for matches a small portion at a time, to whip up the illusion of scarcity. Scarcity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
As a fan, if I am not keen on say the apparently available seats for the Blackburn game, I just have to wait until other blocks are released or venture down other avenues, thus depriving the Club of getting any revenue from me.
Show me what's available as they do at the Opera, which we have established is cheaper to attend.

Question has already been asked by Rugrat but not in such a pointed and rather petulent fashion

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Will one of us be allowed access (after suitable H&S briefings, of course) to photo the building of the training ground?

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
What achievement or initiative is he most proud of since he has been employed at this club? are there any new schemes that he has in the pipeline?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Definitely pursue the questions about the Park and ride sites- insider said in the summer that a new one was being planned - and about the loading of buses at the stadium. Add- has any consideration been given to a survey of travel experiences to establish how easy/difficult people are finding their journeys? Have Mr Barber or any of his senior staff experienced the various routes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here