Notts Forest (a) W

Charlton (h) W
Leicester (h)
Middlesborough (a)
Peterborough (a) W
Blackpool (h) W
Leeds (a)

Wolves (h) W

Crikey I ended up with 12 wins, I must be an insane optimist. Seriously, at home with our new strike force I think we can win a lot more games than we might've before. Away, Forest are in turmoil, Bristol City and Peterborough are winnable.

Hull are beatable and if we are going to make it, that and Blackburn are must wins really, if only to start to build momentum, but if Ulloa can hit the ground running, we've shown enough in other home games to suggest that it can be a fortress if we have that natural goalscorer we have been searching for all season...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We will only get the 11 wins by changing the style of play with an orthodox 4-4-2 and a faster , accurate passing game.

What is it with the obsession (some have) with 4-4-2? Where does it come from that we would win with it? Formation with lots of holes in, changes the role Bridcutt would have and really does limit who you can play in centre mid.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
What is it with the obsession (some have) with 4-4-2? Where does it come from that we would win with it? Formation with lots of holes in, changes the role Bridcutt would have and really does limit who you can play in centre mid.

Agree with this. We've created enough chances in most of the games we've drawn / lost, its not the system we're playing its the simple fact we've not been clinical enough in front of goal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Gus tried CMS and Spanish Len up front in the 2nd half on Saturday , worked out quite well as Sheffield Wednesday were under the cosh up to the point were we scored. Spanish Len had to be taken off as the ref was itching to give him a second yellow card.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd really like to see a more attacking formation, 4-4-2 would be ideal as we really do need 2 strikers up front. Especially when we usually have such a defensive back 5.
Possible 4-4-2 Diamond

Tomasz

Bruno - Upson - Greer - Bridge

Bridcutt
Buckley ------------------- Orlandi
Vicente

CMS - Ulloa​

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's the same with teams at the bottom and for us, where is this miraculous change of form going to come from ? Anyone who thinks we are going to get 11 wins from that set of fixtures is totally deluded. Unless Poyet changes his game plan completely and picks an attacking line up and goes for it from the first minute we are more likely to get 11 draws than 11 wins

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I'd really like to see a more attacking formation, 4-4-2 would be ideal as we really do need 2 strikers up front. Especially when we usually have such a defensive back 5.
Possible 4-4-2 Diamond

Tomasz

Bruno - Upson - Greer - Bridge

Bridcutt
Buckley ------------------- Orlandi
Vicente

CMS - Ulloa​

I would be very happy with that. Never going to happen unfortunately.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It's the same with teams at the bottom and for us, where is this miraculous change of form going to come from ? Anyone who thinks we are going to get 11 wins from that set of fixtures is totally deluded. Unless Poyet changes his game plan completely and picks an attacking line up and goes for it from the first minute we are more likely to get 11 draws than 11 wins

6 wins max i reckon

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Orlandi says we need 11 wins from remaining games which must be about right. Which of the games can we win? I have put a * next to the ones I think most likely. Note that my final (and therefore most difficult choice was the Palace game

Hull (h)
Blackburn (h) *
Cardiff (a)
Burnley (h) *

Huddersfield (h) *
Bristol city (a) *
Bolton (a)
Barnsley (a) *
Crystal Palace (h) *
Notts Forest (a) *

Charlton (h) *
Leicester (h)
Middlesborough (a)
Peterborough (a) *
Blackpool (h) *
Leeds (a)

Wolves (h) *

Orlandi could be right,but with Poyets tactics what are the chances.He plays the team too defensively for that many wins

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Hull (h) W
Blackburn (h) W
Cardiff (a) L
Burnley (h) W

Huddersfield (h) W
Bristol city (a) D
Bolton (a) D
Barnsley (a) W
Crystal Palace (h) D
Notts Forest (a) D

Charlton (h) W
Leicester (h) W
Middlesborough (a) L
Peterborough (a) W
Blackpool (h) W
Leeds (a) W

Wolves (h) W

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will get them, but it will take until about mid September all told.

By which time we will see three out of these better focused teams and clubs in PL:
Palace
Hull
Watford
Middlesborough
Cardiff
Leicester

None of which you could say are PL regulars in the last decade.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Four out of the next five games are at home. Given where we are in the table they are now likely to be pretty defining if we are going to be top six. Three wins from them are pretty essential.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can see seven wins and lots of draws. It starts with Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here