Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New tv advice please can only afford to do this once

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
I am looking to buy a 50 inch led hd tv and have been told to either go for a panosonic or a samsung ? Anyone any ideas what is the better make and what spec i should be looking for ? taking

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Aren't you going to wait until Apple's TV announcement this year before making your mind up?

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
I am looking to buy a 50 inch led hd tv and have been told to either go for a panosonic or a samsung ? Anyone any ideas what is the better make and what spec i should be looking for ? taking

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Go Panasonic, brilliant LED sets. Use google to look at reviews for the sets you are considering. Avforums a big help too

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Buy a consumer review magazine , then buy another (different) one for a balanced appraisal and take note of what they say, unless you have the chance or time to personally review all the models. Then pick say 2 or 3 items in your budget that they recommend, and try to visit stores with them to try them out. Then, once you've decided, go online and find the best price.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd highly recommend Panasonic, they make great TVs :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you are in Worthing, check our Bowers and Wilkins. Very helpful

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Samsung

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you're buying a LED TV with 3D capability make sure you know the difference between active and passive and do some research on the picture quality in both 2D and 3D as they vary across brands and price points. Remember that the TVs that you see on display in a showroom have the picture settings on "dynamic" to look good under bright lights , in your home another setting will be needed for the wow factor. LED TVs are basically a LCD TV with LED arrays which can be placed around the edges , in blocks or cover the whole screen. A proper LED TV using OLED technology is very expensive , a LG 55 inch OLED TV will set you back about £7,000

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I bought my Samsung after trawling through the 'Digital Spy' forum. Some good advice on there.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Panasonic every time.
HD Picture quality is astounding. We have 3 in the house.
We crossed over to the dark side and tried a Samsung for our kitchen, but it is pants by comparison...(IMO)

(BTW....We have Panasonic everything - Lumix GH2 camera, SDHD Video camera, Home Cinema, Blu ray player, VHS.....and with Viera Link they all 'recognise' each other and can be controlled from one remote.....)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here