Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A&E

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
How shit! Sat up there yesterday for 3 hours for a dislocated finger, it was bad too!

X-ray followed by being told I've been took off the list after an hour, sat in another room for an hour, popped back into place after another half hour, x-ray then a splint on my finger.

3 f***ing hours! To be honest, that's a joke.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
dislocated finger and you went to A&E? Man up...... bend it straight a tape it to the finger next to it job done.

but seriously this is what you need to do to get prompt service at A&E....

go there say you have chest pains and are in your 40's - you get taken straight in - when they wire you up to the ECG machine ask the nurse to look at your finger which is hurting - works every time you will be in an out within an hour - simples.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
dislocated finger and you went to A&E? Man up...... bend it straight a tape it to the finger next to it job done.

but seriously this is what you need to do to get prompt service at A&E....

go there say you have chest pains and are in your 40's - you get taken straight in - when they wire you up to the ECG machine ask the nurse to look at your finger which is hurting - works every time you will be in an out within an hour - simples.

The bone was sitting on top of my knuckle, didn't look very nice so would rather someone put it back in place who knows what they're doing :lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You was only there three hours and in that time had an x-ray and had a splint put on your finger!

Yeah the NHS is really shite :facepalm:

How shit! Sat up there yesterday for 3 hours for a dislocated finger, it was bad too!

X-ray followed by being told I've been took off the list after an hour, sat in another room for an hour, popped back into place after another half hour, x-ray then a splint on my finger.

How much did you have to pay? Free health care FREE!!!

Go nearly anywhere else in the world and you won't get that.

Stop your winging or go private if you find it so appalling!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Only 3 hours? I recently spent 9 hours in A&E. Years ago, I spent 11 hours in A&E one New Year's Day.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Wow, looks like they are getting faster in there! To be honest, 3 hours is nothing. You had a LOT done in that time and the injury wasn't even that serious. They only have so many resources an they would have bumped up everyone who was more serious than you (which is probably 80% of people). Don't complain about the NHS. They do a cracking job.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The bone was sitting on top of my knuckle, didn't look very nice so would rather someone put it back in place who knows what they're doing :lolol:

That's how mine mostly dislocate. I've got lax joints and I've had 30+ dislocated fingers over the years.

Ever since I got stuck with a dislocated finger for 36 hours I've learnt to just pull them back in as soon as it happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And had you gone there with your severed finger in a bag of frozen peas, you'd now be coming round from the operation to reattach it, at no extra cost. Out of interest, how did you get to A&E?

Anyway pipe down and jog on, you big baby.
Fingers crossed it was your typing finger :lolol:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe it took a bit longer than you expected because the Accident and EMERGENCY department had to deal with some other unexpected emergencies that arrived, that were *slightly* more serious than a dodgy finger :shrug:

In three hours, you've had it X-rayed, fixed and sent home. Yeah that's really shit. What a joke! :ffsparr: Just imagine if something went wrong in your house and you had to call someone out to fix it. Do you think that would be done in three hours?

As said above, the NHS is brilliant; don't knock it. How long were you expecting it to take, just out of interest?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
wow, sorry to hear about your finger but, 3 hours?

I wonder what other stuff they were attending to at the time. Dislocated finger is hardly top of their priority is it?

Real shame people feel the need to moan about the NHS like this.

Ambulance service, AandE, Intensive care and general hospital staff saved my dad's life last summer. Amazing professionals.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Diddums

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Lol 3 hours

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In the past I have gone to the walking wounded centres. There is one at Lewes vic hospital and another down from Brighton station. the waiting times shorter than a&e and they can bandage up broken bones.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I was an A&E nurse for a few years after I qualified. Whilst I sympathise with your finger injury I imagine that you might have been waiting to see a doctor. The doctors are obliged to deal with the highest triage patients first and will leave minor injuries. ( like yours) until the more critically Ill are seen and treated. what you won't have seen is the rest of the departments workload but I can tell you that no one is sitting around doing nothing.

Try rocking up with a heart attack or a stroke and seeing how long you wait to be treated.

In your 3 hours you were :

Booked in
Triaged
Seen by a doctor
Sent for x ray
Had your x ray checked to rule out a fracture
Probably had your x ray reviewed by a consultant to be on the safe side
Had your dislocation reduced
Had your finger splinted
Discharged with advice
Had your notes written up by the nurses and doctors

Not bad I reckon.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton

Of course those people who have had heart attacks or serious injuries via RTA should all wait their turns why the NHS staff f*** around with your finger.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here