Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two-time Olympic gold medalist Rebecca Adlington has announced her retirement

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget she was competing in the hardest sport known to man!

Maybe she realised she couldn't hack it? So retires early?
She did hack it, in China. Think of all the personal sacrifice an Olympic swimmer has to make in terms of time spent in and travelling to/from the pool most days. The girl who beat her so easily in London was much younger, so there's no way 'our Becky' can compete with that however hard she trains.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I stopped working at 23 but still had to turn up every day to earn me salary.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
She did hack it, in China. Think of all the personal sacrifice an Olympic swimmer has to make in terms of time spent in and travelling to/from the pool most days. The girl who beat her so easily in London was much younger, so there's no way 'our Becky' can compete with that however hard she trains.

That's what I said didn't I? She has realised she wouldn't be able to win more medals. So retired with grace

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It's actuall quite a selfless thing to do as her funding can now go to younger talent coming through.

After the poor show in British swimming over last summer I expect the pot of money was going to be cut considerably.

Says the Adonis-like Frankie Boyle. What a twat that man is.
Indeed, and I expect Snarkey5 is too. Actually, I think she scrubs up quite well.
rebecca-adlington.jpghttp://www.timgander.co.uk/

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here