Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex McGleish leaves Forest...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sorry state of affairs, I wonder who will take the job next

Billy Davies: Jan 2009-Jun 2011. Games: 126 - Wins: 53 - Draws: 36 - Lost: 37.

Steve McClaren: Jun 2011-Oct 2011. Games: 13 - Wins: 3 - Draws: 3 - Lost: 7.

Steve Cotterill: Oct 2011-Jul 2012. Games: 38 - Wins: 12 - Draws: 7 - Lost: 19.

Sean O'Driscoll: Jul 2012-Dec 2012. Games: 26 - Wins: 10 - Draws: 9 - Lost: 7.

Alex McLeish: Dec 2012-Feb 2013. Games: 7 - Wins: 1 - Draws: 2 - Lost: 4.

I remember when Billy Davies just missed on promotion with them and then claimed he was 'happy' to not go up as he felt his team needed another year in the Championship.

There you go. That's what happens when people state "I don't want to go up this season" (my most HATED fan saying)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I remember when Billy Davies just missed on promotion with them and then claimed he was 'happy' to not go up as he felt his team needed another year in the Championship.

There you go. That's what happens when people state "I don't want to go up this season" (my most HATED fan saying)

I'd much rather support a team that goes up and down, a.l.a. West Brom and us of course!, then you get the highs and lows, rather than be stuck in mid-table.

We need to reach the Premiership, and hopefully Gus and Tony can do that together. It would be great for them to be holding the Championship play-off trophy, like they did with the League 1 trophy, come the end of May :albion2:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd much rather support a team that goes up and down, a.l.a. West Brom and us of course!, then you get the highs and lows, rather than be stuck in mid-table.

We need to reach the Premiership, and hopefully Gus and Tony can do that together. It would be great for them to be holding the Championship play-off trophy, like they did with the League 1 trophy, come the end of May :albion2:

Disagree myself. I'd rather have a team like Stoke that prepared itself properly and stayed in the Premiership when it got there. Understand your view though and respect it. I certainy have felt that way before. I just think that we are in such a great position now with Bloom to really build a stable club and ensure we don't do the yo yo thing that we have to try and achieve it. I'd rather wait a couple of years more than throw it away going up before we are really ready. Maybe 'm just getting old!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It's QPR all over again :D Tinpot chairmen with more money than sense "fixing" things that ain't broke. Whatever clown goes to Forest next, best of British to them!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Perhaps we should be a little more grateful for the stability at the Albion, rather than constantly questioning Gus's and even Mr Blooms' ability. We don't need another manager / leader. Things are just fine.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Perhaps we should be a little more grateful for the stability at the Albion, rather than constantly questioning Gus's and even Mr Blooms' ability. We don't need another manager / leader. Things are just fine.

Grateful that our club isn't being run by "people" like their Arab family? Or like Archer and Bellend who were our very own "people"?

I don't follow. Shit owners are the minority and having someone who isn't a complete moron hardly warrants gratitude I wouldn't have thought.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Man of principles maybe ??

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Sorry state of affairs, I wonder who will take the job next

Billy Davies: Jan 2009-Jun 2011. Games: 126 - Wins: 53 - Draws: 36 - Lost: 37.

Steve McClaren: Jun 2011-Oct 2011. Games: 13 - Wins: 3 - Draws: 3 - Lost: 7.

Steve Cotterill: Oct 2011-Jul 2012. Games: 38 - Wins: 12 - Draws: 7 - Lost: 19.

Sean O'Driscoll: Jul 2012-Dec 2012. Games: 26 - Wins: 10 - Draws: 9 - Lost: 7.

Alex McLeish: Dec 2012-Feb 2013. Games: 7 - Wins: 1 - Draws: 2 - Lost: 4.

Good post

Incredible that Forest will appoint their 6th manager in 20 months!!!!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Erm, yes, not sure this is the best case study to support your point though!!!

Oust manager for probably speaking some sense then watch club go into freefall as new management undermines steady progression of club.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't follow. Shit owners are the minority and having someone who isn't a complete moron hardly warrants gratitude I wouldn't have thought.

I am extremely grateful to Tony "isn't a complete moron" Bloom. I didn't realise I was in the wrong. I must tell all my friends who appear to have made the same mistake.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whats Sven up to nowadays ?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Oust manager for probably speaking some sense then watch club go into freefall as new management undermines steady progression of club.

I imagine its not inconceivable that Billy Davies will become the 6th manager. If they have more money than sense it will probably be Sven.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I'd personally say it's the best example. If they had gone up things could have been so different.

However they didnt, as Billy Davies wished, and then they wen't into the next season assuming they would go up with a little improvment. When that didnt work they didn't offer him another contract and got McClaren in.

Davies claimed he was glad to have lost in the playoffs as his team needed another season. He got another season and failed and lost his job. Seems Billy was wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am extremely grateful to Tony "isn't a complete moron" Bloom. I didn't realise I was in the wrong. I must tell all my friends who appear to have made the same mistake.

Seriously? ???

Obviously, Tony Bloom is a fantastic owner and we should be eternally greatful for his contribution and him in general. But are we "lucky" to have him? In some respects, yes. But most owners in the football league are decent and good people, there are only really a handful of complete jokers (Forest, Blackburn...) but certain people would have you believe they're all complete crooks and we should be thanking our lucky stars we don't still have Archer and Bellend at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here