Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sat Nav advice needed

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Can anyone recommend a good reliable Sat Nav that is not ridiculous money?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Tom Tom Start 20. Really good sat nav and it gives you a great visual layout of junctions as you approach them so you can't make a mistake.
You can buy cheaper makes, but you get what you pay for.

Go Tom Tom :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tom tom xl. had it for three years and it's never let me down.

Yep got the live one which gives road works and you have a google facility that finds places and takes you there....marvellous

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not a sat nav so a totally irrelevant and pointless answer.

Though the OP specified reliable and the road atlas is the only option that will work after an EMP strike. :rolleyes:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I use NavFree on my iPhone. It is pretty good bearing in mind I only really need it for the last mile or so of any journey due to the abundance of road signs and my geographical knowledge of the UK.

It doesn't do traffic updates, mind you, but I have a radio in the car that does that!

It does always seem to have a problem in the Honiton area, though. No idea why, but it just doesn't seem to understand that the A303 exists!!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
paulscholes2.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If you have an iPhone, you could get the new free Google Maps app, almost got a built in Sat Nav sort of program. Its not the same as a TomTom Sat Nav but its a cheap alternative.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
If you have an android smartphone and a micro sd card you can download navfree from the market place. As the name suggests its free and does not need a data connection. Also has post code input and voice direction.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here