Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Ulloa

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought he was ok, played quite well. I think he needs to look at the ball more as it approaches him, and not his marker. Too often he looked first at Llera, and then barged into him, giving away niggly free kicks. It almost seemed as though Gus subbed him to protect him from a second yellow, and so our second red card.

I'm sure he'll appreciate the advice. After all, he only scored 28 goals last season so obviously has no idea what he's doing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm sure he'll appreciate the advice. After all, he only scored 28 goals last season so obviously has no idea what he's doing.

So, in your world, we watch the game, clap happily, but can never have an opinion about what players may or may not be doing wrong? You sound like that twat Alan Hansen who always comes out with that old chestnut that if you've never played the game at the top level you know nothing about it.

For the record, I think Ulloa will be brilliant for us. He was fantastic against Arsenal, and played quite well on Saturday.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

In a foreign, less physical league. Also, if he is that good, why had he been dropped and hardly played this year?

We have seen enough one season wonders in this country to know all about them. I am not saying that this guy is, but with Poyet's lack of ability to make good signings, I would not rule it out.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In a foreign, less physical league. Also, if he is that good, why had he been dropped and hardly played this year?

/QUOTE]

Because he wanted a move after all the offers in the summer.

Really? So you believe that do you? Why do the reports say he was dropped for someone his old club considered better? Why would they not want him in the shop window to maximise his price? How can they afford to miss his goals if he is that good?

I am not saying that he will not be any good. However, he is certainly not up to speed with the English game yet. Oh, and before anyone points to the Arsenal game, their lilly-livered defense is hardly typical English is it?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I HATE to say THIS but I'm CONVINCED this ARGIE will make TURIENZO and SANTANA look like MESSI and RONALDO ?

Trust POYET to SING someone FROM his own COUNTRY instead of a TRIED and tested ENGLISH striker.

FRAZIER to Cardiff £600k or a USELESS Argie LUMP for £2million ?
If you're going to throw insults, please get your facts right (and spell properly).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leo has done pretty well for us so far to be brutally honest. Early days yet, but has the makings of a very good signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I HATE to say THIS but I'm CONVINCED this ARGIE will make TURIENZO and SANTANA look like MESSI and RONALDO ?

Trust POYET to SING someone FROM his own COUNTRY instead of a TRIED and tested ENGLISH striker.

FRAZIER to Cardiff £600k or a USELESS Argie LUMP for £2million ?

:lolol: :lolol: Like BARNDOOR Hoskins who missed and missed and missed and... missed yet again vs Forest :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So, in your world, we watch the game, clap happily, but can never have an opinion about what players may or may not be doing wrong? You sound like that twat Alan Hansen who always comes out with that old chestnut that if you've never played the game at the top level you know nothing about it.

For the record, I think Ulloa will be brilliant for us. He was fantastic against Arsenal, and played quite well on Saturday.

Didn't realise how close Spanish Len was close to scoring from that free kick which Spanish Dave floated over in the 1st half. From the other end of the ground I thought he had struck it sweetly and it was going wide but Kirkland made sure by putting it out for a corner. On the TV it showed the shot was accurate and heading in with Kirkland making an excellent stop to push it away.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Leo has done pretty well for us so far to be brutally honest. Early days yet, but has the makings of a very good signing.

I have a feeling that Leo is going to prove to be a fantastic signing. Just give him time.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I have a feeling that Leo is going to prove to be a fantastic signing. Just give him time.

This, he looks like the real deal to me (and i dont mean that orange dickinson bloke)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He didn't score a overhead kick from the half-way line.

#Disappointing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really? So you believe that do you? Why do the reports say he was dropped for someone his old club considered better? Why would they not want him in the shop window to maximise his price? How can they afford to miss his goals if he is that good?

I am not saying that he will not be any good. However, he is certainly not up to speed with the English game yet. Oh, and before anyone points to the Arsenal game, their lilly-livered defense is hardly typical English is it?

Errm. Yes. I do believe that. Player wants a move - player's mind isn't on the job - player doesn't play particularly well and is out of the team. The club know he's off so they're always going to talk up his replacement.

If you don't believe it, well, that's your problem.

On the evidence of 2 games so far, he's going to be a very good signing so I don't really see what the argument is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is going to be a cult hero #Spanish Len

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here