Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Ulloa

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
All ready seeing some very unfair criticism towards Ulloa after Saturday. What did he actually do wrong? I thought he had a fairly decent game Saturday in tough situation. Off the ball he looked very good making the right runs, coming short then looking to get in behind as well. Any time we looked dangerous he was involved and looked like he could form a decent partnership with CMS. I am really excited about this player, but in typical NSC fashion he has to score in every game to be any good.

I am not sure he did too much "wrong" but nor did he do too much "right" either. He does not look ready for first team English football just yet, and could do with some time in the Development squad to learn the English game. That said, he looks like another "one for the future". Trouble is, we need a proven striker in English football NOW, if we are to make a push for the playoffs.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Superp first touch, and good close ball control, but far too often his outlet was either 30 yards behind him in Barnes and Lopez or were offering very little in terms of movement. Some of the 'fouls' that the referee was blowing for against him were comical, but then again the referee was the worst i've seen thus far this season.

Very promising I thought, even more so considering he's been here little over a week.

Jimmy Grimble

Superp first touch, and good close ball control, but far too often his outlet was either 30 yards behind him in Barnes and Lopez or were offering very little in terms of movement. Some of the 'fouls' that the referee was blowing for against him were comical, but then again the referee was the worst i've seen thus far this season.

Very promising I thought, even more so considering he's been here little over a week.

This is encouraging to hear.

However, I'm slightly disappointed by the fact he seems to have been out-muscled and out-thought by Llera, who is probably one of the worst centre-halves in the division. That said, I wasn't at the game so am just going by reports on here. Would you say Llera had the better of him? Or did the poor refereeing and lack of support hinder him more than anything else?

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This is encouraging to here.

However, I'm slightly disappointed by the fact he seems to have been out-muscled and out-thought by Llera, who is probably one of the worst centre-halves in the division. That said, I wasn't at the game so am just going by reports on here. Would you say Llera had the better of him? Or did the poor refereeing and lack of support hinder him more than anything else?

If that is the guy in the scrum cap, he was certainly out-musceled by him. I don't think the guy was capable of out-thinking anyone though. Typical lower league thug, but Ulloa played into his hands when he knew the Ref was a homer, and he would always be judged to be the guilty party.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
This is encouraging to here.x

Sort it out

Jimmy Grimble

Sort it out

Christ that's bad. Please excuse me sir, I'm a bit groggy and I think Ernest's posts are starting to take their toll on me!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez. I'm wrong....I gave it three games before the knob jockeys were on the Argies case....get a life you smucks....because he has'nt scored two goals (well he did put it into the net twice but one ruled out for offside) in two games you get to moan....where were you at Gillingham...then we had crap players....well nine of them anyway....your the sort of fans that make players think...why play for this moaning mob....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
People shouldn't only give him a brake they should give us on NSC a brake too!

Ulloa scores in 50% of his games for us FACT! 2M is a lot for us but if you don't like it maybe Gus will go back to buying players like Holroyd

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
People shouldn't only give him a brake they should give us on NSC a brake too!

Ulloa scores in 50% of his games for us FACT! 2M is a lot for us but if you don't like it maybe Gus will go back to buying players like Holroyd

This

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Got to give Leo at least 6 games before judgement can be made. Even the top strikers need a few games to get back in their stride after injury or no game time.
Judge then.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The ref was likely to give Spanish Len a second yellow for not being able to speak English and needing Calderon to be an acting interpreter. :lol:

Yep he was on his way with Barnes and Charlie and so Gus did the right thing. You watch all the daft fudgers on here when he bangs in 3 on Saturday. The same nobs will be saying how wonderba he is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am not sure he did too much "wrong" but nor did he do too much "right" either. He does not look ready for first team English football just yet, and could do with some time in the Development squad to learn the English game. That said, he looks like another "one for the future". Trouble is, we need a proven striker in English football NOW, if we are to make a push for the playoffs.

Err, he 28, proven and was quality against ARSENAL the other day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Arsenal one week and then the development squad.....you are kidding

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He did play ok, although as others have mentioned he did spend too much time looking at the player and not the ball, I cannot see any other reason for fouls going against him. CMS looked lively when he came on and looks like it may work partnering him with Ulloa. When he has had time to settle in and get used to Championship defenders we could be laughing and to be fair, he has had a pretty could start so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here