Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six Nations Rugby 2013

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Wales 22-30 Ireland
England 38-18 Scotland
Italy 23-18 France

Are we now favourites? Looks like it's between us and Ireland.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing win by the Italians and well deserved.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ireland and Wales away will both be very difficult games.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Three great matches thus far. That was nail biting stuff at the end in Rome. Wonderful result for the Azzuri.

The biggest test for us is clearly Ireland in Dublin, but I don't think they should be feared.

I'd put the Irish as favourites due to their home advantage.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Three great matches thus far. That was nail biting stuff at the end in Rome. Wonderful result for the Azzuri.

The biggest test for us is clearly Ireland in Dublin, but I don't think they should be feared.

I'd put the Irish as favourites due to their home advantage.

I loved seeing the Italians turn over the French, especially seeing Castro go over the line. It's been a great weekend of rugby, and to top it off I've just seen my beloved Quins win in the Bridgend mud to secure a home Anglo-Welsh semi against Bath (That'll be on the Palace weekend I think, so I'll be going)

As regards the favourites, well a French defeat helps England, but it's far too open. Ireland surprised me yesterday, but they did concede a lot of points in that Welsh fightback.

It's all to play for, and I'm only just coming down from a super rugby weekend.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Amazing win by the Italians and well deserved.

The Italians are improving every year and are no longer the six nations whipping boys. The bit I enjoyed the most was when at the end they pushed the French into touch to win. Great game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Italians are improving every year and are no longer the six nations whipping boys. The bit I enjoyed the most was when at the end they pushed the French into touch to win. Great game.

I actually shouted at the telly to get them in touch and they would win, the Italians are really upping their game now and just shows that if given a chance to compete in a much better competition then they will get better.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

It's great to see.

Stronger nations in the World Cup can only be beneficial to the game.

Are they more adventurous due to the quality of players coming through or has there been a shift in play due to the coaching setup? Their rugby used to be a little turgid at times.

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I can't wait until the next round!

As an aside, do you know when the final decision as to who hosts the World Cup games is upon us? It would be nice to score a victory over Cortese.

Media reports suggest by the end of March. I haven't heard of any specific date. There were suggestions that either one of Falmer or St Mary's will lose out.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
had the treble on Ireland, England and France.

WISH I went for the Italian's. Still, seeing France lose always gives me pleasure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here