Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans confusion

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I feel for you Botty, i really do. Giving us abuse about our old stadium, (it's our shit-hole and we love it) that's all you have left. Fair play, you're comfortably winning the war off the pitch with your new shiny stadium that is filled with thousands of plastics but a 3-0 dicking 2 months ago and a 9 point gap in the league shows that we OWN YOU where it really matters: on the pitch.

10 points and 7 places last season, when it mattered we were comfortably above you. Funny you weren't on here for a few weeks before your second win in 11 poppet x

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
He is a right moody sod , wait until he goes into one of his sulks. The purple patch won't last.

He has been on fire all season, there is no sign of him sulking or his form dropping. Even last year when he wasn't being picked as a starter by Dougie he hardly came across as a sulker or a disrupitive influence, in fact he still worked hard when he came on as a sub and he's always acknowledged the fans. He has never handed in a transfer request like you said he would so i fail to see this moody figure that you lot said he was?? A quiet and modest guy, maybe, but nothing like you portrayed him.

Why don't you just admit it Grimbo, you make up crap because it's Palace. Your's and the Major's obsession with us goes well beyond normal. I seem to remember 4 months ago that you laughed your head off at the prospect we would make the play-offs, do you still feel the same way now? If we do go up and Murray ends up the leagues top scorer then you're gonna have real egg on your face...

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
10 points and 7 places last season, when it mattered we were comfortably above you. Funny you weren't on here for a few weeks before your second win in 11 poppet x

I've been abroad working mate so haven't had a spare minute to log onto the great NSC. Saturday was also my first game at the fortress in 7 weeks, it was a joy to be back watching Muzza and co again. Dobbie looks a great signing, cheers for that by the way...

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've been abroad working mate so haven't had a spare minute to log onto the great NSC. Saturday was also my first game at the fortress in 7 weeks, it was a joy to be back watching Muzza and co again. Dobbie looks a great signing, cheers for that by the way...

Bless, dobs isn't yours just yet. At least IF your lot sign him we will get a healthy fee and profit out of this one. Add palace to the list of places to shunt our rejects onto, used to be orient :lol:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Bless, dobs isn't yours just yet. At least IF your lot sign him we will get a healthy fee and profit out of this one. Add palace to the list of places to shunt our rejects onto, used to be orient :lol:

I highly doubt you will be getting a profit on Dobbie, more like a large loss. Do you class Muzza as a reject? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has been on fire all season, there is no sign of him sulking or his form dropping. Even last year when he wasn't being picked as a starter by Dougie he hardly came across as a sulker or a disrupitive influence, in fact he still worked hard when he came on as a sub and he's always acknowledged the fans. He has never handed in a transfer request like you said he would so i fail to see this moody figure that you lot said he was?? A quiet and modest guy, maybe, but nothing like you portrayed him.

Why don't you just admit it Grimbo, you make up crap because it's Palace. Your's and the Major's obsession with us goes well beyond normal. I seem to remember 4 months ago that you laughed your head off at the prospect we would make the play-offs, do you still feel the same way now? If we do go up and Murray ends up the leagues top scorer then you're gonna have real egg on your face...
No relegation worries for Palace this season because they've surprised all the neutrals and experts by punching well above their weight but you've still got ample time to f*** it up and miss the play-offs with 16 games to go :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I highly doubt you will be getting a profit on Dobbie, more like a large loss. Do you class Muzza as a reject? :lol:

We certainly won't be making a loss on him , we'll recoup the transfer fee and wages as a condition of the loan to buy deal otherwise we wouldn't have let him go in the first place.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No relegation worries for Palace this season because they've surprised all the neutrals and experts by punching well above their weight but you've still got ample time to f*** it up and miss the play-offs with 16 games to go :thumbsup:

Punching well above our weight, priceless! We were a decent side last year, just lacked squad depth. That was sorted this year and look at us now, still in with a shout of top 2. Of course we could mess up but it would of still been a decent season. Where as you boys realistically need 10 wins from 17 just to make the play-offs, that's nearly title winning form from here on in. Gonna be tough...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Punching well above our weight, priceless! We were a decent side last year, just lacked squad depth. That was sorted this year and look at us now, still in with a shout of top 2. Of course we could mess up but it would of still been a decent season. Where as you boys realistically need 10 wins from 17 just to make the play-offs, that's nearly title winning form from here on in. Gonna be tough...

Getting rid of Dougie and replacing him with Wurzel hasn't helped , your form has certainly dipped since he took over the reins.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

If we aren't going to at the very least break even on dobs then he won't be sold (in addition to the fact everyone knows about the winnie millions so for a while palace will be paying over the odds for any transfer), he was a last minute bargain in August to replace cms who was close to going to Norwich on the last day of the window financed by Nooney going to baaaadiff plus we got Spanish Dave and Spanish Andy at the same time, can't remember the exact amounts quoted but Ollie was gutted that we outbid Blackpool for dobs at the time.

Muzza was dogshit last season, with cms doubling his tally despite muzzas good season this time around. Muzza is a reject in Gus's eyes otherwise he would have gone further to keep him.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If we aren't going to at the very least break even on dobs then he won't be sold (in addition to the fact everyone knows about the winnie millions so for a while palace will be paying over the odds for any transfer), he was a last minute bargain in August to replace cms who was close to going to Norwich on the last day of the window financed by Nooney going to baaaadiff plus we got Spanish Dave and Spanish Andy at the same time, can't remember the exact amounts quoted but Ollie was gutted that we outbid Blackpool for dobs at the time.

Muzza was dogshit last season, with cms doubling his tally despite muzzas good season this time around. Muzza is a reject in Gus's eyes otherwise he would have gone further to keep him.

How do you know this? Gus and Bloom may feel that it's best to sell him as it not worked for him at Brighton and he is 5th choice striker given the system you play. If we are offering a half decent fee then they may well decide to sell on the cheap rather than keep an unhappy player that doesn't fit into your teams style. I'd be delighted if we take him off you full time, just because he was no good for you does not make him a 'reject', he was quality at Blackpool when Ollie played to his strenghts and he looked class when he came on last Saturday. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

In regards to Murray, i wonder if Gus still considers him a reject that was not worth the wages he wanted? 25 goals this season would suggest he was wrong...:lolol:

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
How do you know this? Gus and Bloom may feel that it's best to sell him as it not worked for him at Brighton and he is 5th choice striker given the system you play. If we are offering a half decent fee then they may well decide to sell on the cheap rather than keep an unhappy player that doesn't fit into your teams style. I'd be delighted if we take him off you full time, just because he was no good for you does not make him a 'reject', he was quality at Blackpool when Ollie played to his strenghts and he looked class when he came on last Saturday. Form is tempoary, class is permanent.

In regards to Murray, i wonder if Gus still considers him a reject that was not worth the wages he wanted? 25 goals this season would suggest he was wrong...:lolol:

Why sell dobs at a loss when he would walk into almost any team in this league?

By definition the fact he had chances to impress and spectacularly failed to do so makes him a Brighton reject, or is that to difficult for you to comprehend?

Remind me how many goals muzza scored when you finished SEVENTEENTH last season? 6 wasn't it?

Bridcutt's progression would suggest palace f***ed up big time not taking him for free when they had the chance, not that you'll agree :lol:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Getting rid of Dougie and replacing him with Wurzel hasn't helped , your form has certainly dipped since he took over the reins.

To match Dougie was always going to be tough, we won 8 in a row at one stage. Saturday's win was massive and i believe will be a turning point in our season. Isn't it only 26 points from the last 22 games under Gus? That's not that far off relegation form!

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To match Dougie was always going to be tough, we won 8 in a row at one stage. Saturday's win was massive and i believe will be a turning point in our season. Isn't it only 26 points from the last 22 games under Gus? That's not that far off relegation form!

Look at the last 10

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you think about it, all palace have paid so far is a loan fee.

Why have an agreement to sell him to palace for a low amount in July? The price must be agreed and high enough that we don't put Dobbie on the open market in the summer. It won't be bargain basement.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Why sell dobs at a loss when he would walk into almost any team in this league?

By definition the fact he had chances to impress and spectacularly failed to do so makes him a Brighton reject, or is that to difficult for you to comprehend?

Remind me how many goals muzza scored when you finished SEVENTEENTH last season? 6 wasn't it?

Bridcutt's progression would suggest palace f***ed up big time not taking him for free when they had the chance, not that you'll agree :lol:

You may well be forced into accepting a lower fee, that's all i said. All the other teams will know that he isn't in Gustavo's plans and that you will be keen to get a high earner off the books. Hence a lower bid. We will never know though as the fee will be undisclosed, always is when its a transfer between rival clubs as one side normally gets the better deal and the fans of the other team would be up in arms if they knew the truth.

Muzza had a poorish season last year, not due to a lack of ability but because we didn't played to his strenghts. This year we have been far more attacking and delievered way more balls into the box and look what's happened, he is the top scorer in our division. He won't score many 30 yarders but he is lethal in the box, easily the best striker in the division for converting these type of goals.

Bridcutt? Great player and looks like George Burley made a mistake in not signing him. But if we had of bought him we wouldn't now have Jedinak who is immense, i wouldn't swap him for any defensive midfielder in the Championship, he's that good.

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So when we were 7 places above Palace, it didn't matter because they won at the Amex....

But now they're above us, it matters...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So when we were 7 places above Palace, it didn't matter because they won at the Amex....

But now they're above us, it matters...

Who's stated that in this thread?? Anyway, we beat you last time the teams meet AND we are above you. So no need to have that silly argument this time around :thumbsup:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Who's stated that in this thread?? Anyway, we beat you last time the teams meet AND we are above you. So no need to have that silly argument this time around :thumbsup:

It wasn't stated in this specific thread, but it's been stated numerous of times by your deluded jobs worth caravan stealing pikeys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here