Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans confusion

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm sure i saw it reported somewhere that we had signed Upson until the end of the season AND play-offs should we be in them.

We have - on a Standard Loan, which has different rules to an Emergency Loan ie no recall allowed, and for the rest of the season.

An Emergency Loan is for 93 days max.

It seems the Dobbie deal is a special sort of Emergency Loan, for when players can't move permanently or get a standard loan, due to already being at 2 clubs in the season. I hadn't heard of this type of loan before ???

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Personally I would prefer him to do really well for them. He hasn't got a future here so the more money they are willing to pay for him, the better for us.

I'm only interested in what's best for us.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
'Why can't he play, he's blackpools player isn't he?'

f***ing hell.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

f***ing hell.

slap_zps7f12c480.gif

lol God they really are thick over they.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

f***ing hell.

To be fair, sky must have caused confusion as they were reporting palace signed him from Blackpool and also had the banner at the bottom of the screen stating it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Personally I would prefer him to do really well for them. He hasn't got a future here so the more money they are willing to pay for him, the better for us.

I'm only interested in what's best for us.

I don't think it will make any difference. This is only a loan by technicality, the deal is perm and a fee will have already been agreed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We have - on a Standard Loan, which has different rules to an Emergency Loan ie no recall allowed, and for the rest of the season.

An Emergency Loan is for 93 days max.

It seems the Dobbie deal is a special sort of Emergency Loan, for when players can't move permanently or get a standard loan, due to already being at 2 clubs in the season. I hadn't heard of this type of loan before ???

I hadn't heard of this before either but am pretty sure you are correct.

You'd never announce an emergency loan in January window as they'd only happen when the loan window re-opens.

So it must be to do with this 2 clubs in one season rule.

The only other possibility is the paperwork wasn't done in time and its a loan from Feb 8 (or whenever it is the window reopens). Imagine the squad news today could clarify that one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clueless. They don't realise unless they get special permission from the FL Executive, then the loan can only be for 93 days.

And you're calling THEM clueless?

The loan is until the end of the season

How can that be? Check the rules on Emergency Loans. Unless ( as I said ) the FL Executive have given special permission, Emergency Loans can be no longer than 93 days. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless and being mislead.

Please explain to me, wise one, how this emergency loan can possibly be until the end of the season.

And confirmation, from Glenn's heros, CPFC2010 on the BBS, post #2. Guess I'm not so clueless?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240194

So 93 days from the last date of the transfer window means the loan finishes on 4th of May.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which is the last day of the season, yet CPFC say he could play in the play-off semi-finals but not final?

Yes, that didn't make sense to me.

But the rules do seem clear on the dates, unless they have special dispensation, which to be honest I don't see any grounds for them to get.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I didn't realise this was even possible, is this a new rule? I remember only last season Lukaku was stuck in the Chelsea reserves for a whole season because Anderlecht played him in one of their really early Europa League qualifiers in the summer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which is the last day of the season, yet CPFC say he could play in the play-off semi-finals but not final?

Does that mean he can play for The Albion in the semi finals as his loan period has finished but there is an agreement he won't play in the final as it could be against Palace ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whether its an emergency loan, a prop up loan, a standard loan or a f***ing pay day loan I just wish we would learn our poxy lesson & not loan, sell or allow players to go to Smelhurst because, it would seem, that they have more of an idea what constitutes a good player than Gus.

If Dougie wants him the chances are that he will suddenly turn into the Messi of the championship the minute he pulls on one of the palace jester outfits. I am just grateful that he can't play against us as we all know what would happen if he did.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does that mean he can play for The Albion in the semi finals as his loan period has finished but there is an agreement he won't play in the final as it could be against Palace ?

On final day he is a Brighton player ( and I think for the semi finals, but there's debate about that ) When he returns to us we can play him. Technically, we can recall him as well after 28 days.

He can't play at all for Palace against us this season ( March 17th, Playoffs ).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whether its an emergency loan, a prop up loan, a standard loan or a f***ing pay day loan I just wish we would learn our poxy lesson & not loan, sell or allow players to go to Smelhurst because, it would seem, that they have more of an idea what constitutes a good player than Gus.

If Dougie wants him the chances are that he will suddenly turn into the Messi of the championship the minute he pulls on one of the palace jester outfits. I am just grateful that he can't play against us as we all know what would happen if he did.

Wurzel is the manager of Crystal Payless , Dougie escaped to Bolton a while ago. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On final day he is a Brighton player ( and I think for the semi finals, but there's debate about that ) When he returns to us we can play him. Technically, we can recall him as well after 28 days.

He can't play at all for Palace against us this season ( March 17th, Playoffs ).

Pity he cannot play on March 17th and hear us sing "He plays for the scum , he plays for the scum , he's Stephen Dobbie , he plays for the scum" although on the day we could substitute his name for Glenn Murray.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
We really need to get over the releasing of Murray. He has had a good 4 months this season but that's it. Apart from a penalty, he has not scored for Palace since December - 6 games I think! Imagine the grief Barnes would get with that recent record.

Funny, I saw him score 2 on saturday

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Pity he cannot play on March 17th and hear us sing "He plays for the scum , he plays for the scum , he's Stephen Dobbie , he plays for the scum" although on the day we could substitute his name for Glenn Murray.

Hmmmm only if we are about 4-0 up with 90 minutes up on the clock!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Funny, I saw him score 2 on saturday

I hear his motivation has been restored by present negotiations into a 3 year extension on his present deal. Didn't Palace do that with Winifred ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here