Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans confusion

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Of course it matters now - you didn't beat us!

Last season you weren't in the top 6 and you didn't beat us in a derby. We said that because your season amounted to nothing, it didn't matter that you were above us. Neither of us did anything in the league, but we beat you in the derby. This time around we've beaten you 3-0 and are well on the way to promotion.

Surely even you can see the difference? :lolol:

Sorry but how on earth are you "Well on the way to promotion"???

You have won 3 games out of the last 15...How on earth does that equate to being "well on the way to promotion"? That's not promotion form, it's relegation form and you're just lucky that you had a decent run in September and October (incidentally due to being awarded a ridiculous amount of penalties for Zaha dives - 11 in total).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course it matters now - you didn't beat us!

Last season you weren't in the top 6 and you didn't beat us in a derby. We said that because your season amounted to nothing, it didn't matter that you were above us. Neither of us did anything in the league, but we beat you in the derby. This time around we've beaten you 3-0 and are well on the way to promotion.

Surely even you can see the difference? :lolol:

So when you don't go up this year, you will admit that your season amounted to nothing, correct?

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Sorry but how on earth are you "Well on the way to promotion"???

You have won 3 games out of the last 15...How on earth does that equate to being "well on the way to promotion"? That's not promotion form, it's relegation form and you're just lucky that you had a decent run in September and October (incidentally due to being awarded a ridiculous amount of penalties for Zaha dives - 11 in total).

Because we're in one of the play-off places with almost 3/4 of the season completed ? Do you have a low IQ ?

A team has good and bad patches in a season as we all know, so I'd suggest that the teams in the top 6 are well on the way to promotion, at least more than the teams that arent - even more so with the gap thats developing. A few more weeks like that and the top 6 will be finalised with weeks to go. In fact I think the 6 now ARE the final top 6, its just a case of who finishes where.

Because we're in one of the play-off places with almost 3/4 of the season completed ? Do you have a low IQ ?

A team has good and bad patches in a season as we all know, so I'd suggest that the teams in the top 6 are well on the way to promotion, at least more than the teams that arent - even more so with the gap thats developing. A few more weeks like that and the top 6 will be finalised with weeks to go. In fact I think the 6 now ARE the final top 6, its just a case of who finishes where.

Nah - we just need a repeat of our March/April form 2 years ago (13 matches - 12 wins & 1 draw) and we can start resting players for the playoffs.:whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah - we just need a repeat of our March/April form 2 years ago (13 matches - 12 wins & 1 draw) and we can start resting players for the playoffs.:whistle:

Is the 8 (EIGHT) consecutive wins during the month of MARCH still an unbeaten record ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You realise only ONE of the FOUR teams in the playoffs go up, right? You're well on your way to a 25% chance of promotion. That's a BIG difference to being "well on the way to promotion". Only Cardiff can boast that. Odds are you won't go up.

Is the 8 (EIGHT) consecutive wins during the month of MARCH still an unbeaten record ?

No doubt - I'm also not sure how many other teams went top of a division in late September and stayed there right through the season. An outstanding season & team in many ways.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
The point is that it's hard to see how that is possible under the rules, given Dobbie's registration with both Swansea and ourselves this season.

i think this is how they get round the problem of 2 teams a season,loan him him out which is legal and the new seasons rules start on July 1st which makes him eligibal to be sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here