SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hehehe

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Quote McPalace at 01 Feb 2013 7.50pm
Well he won't be playing in the next one Brighton have stipulated that he cannot play against them in our forthcoming match and also not in the playoffs

In the playoffs if we play Brighton. Again Brighton dreaming and we should let them dream.......

I like how we're dreaming, last season 10th, above them. This season currently 7th, whilst they're above us. "Dreaming of play-offs"? How deluded can you get?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clueless. They don't realise unless they get special permission from the FL Executive, then the loan can only be for 93 days.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why the thread? it's obvious,there are all confused...tosser's.that's xcluding the 4 work with,they are something else..

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think that's the smartest bit of business this transfer window :cheers: Putting a clause in so he can't play against us.
Pity we couldn't do that with Murray :ffsparr:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Clueless. They don't realise unless they get special permission from the FL Executive, then the loan can only be for 93 days.

And you're calling THEM clueless?

The loan is until the end of the season.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I think that's the smartest bit of business this transfer window :cheers: Putting a clause in so he can't play against us.

It's reverse psychology. Palace think we rate Dobbie that highly so will play the duffer week in week out and Agent Dobbie's work will be done. I would have stipulated that Dobbie must play against us

Actually in all honesty I think you're right. Dobbie will do OK at Palace under Holloway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

How can that be? Check the rules on Emergency Loans. Unless ( as I said ) the FL Executive have given special permission, Emergency Loans can be no longer than 93 days. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless and being mislead.

Please explain to me, wise one, how this emergency loan can possibly be until the end of the season.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
It's not an emergency loan. That window hasn't opened yet... it's just a standard season long loan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

There appears to be two types of emergency loan , one for a maximum of 93 days and another to get around FIFA guidelines on players only being allowed to be registered with two clubs in any one season. As Doughboy started the season as a Swansea player then came to us the only way around him going to another club in the present season is using the emergency loan loophole.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I'm not taking sides here but I thought that it had been classified as an Emergency Loan, (don't know why it qualifies as such). I thought the regular loan window didn't open for another week.

I thought that our Stoke man was an emergency loan because of injuries to Greer and co.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There appears to be two types of emergency loan , one for a maximum of 93 days and another to get around FIFA guidelines on players only being allowed to be registered with two clubs in any one season. As Doughboy started the season as a Swansea player then came to us the only way around him going to another club in the present season is using the emergency loan loophole.

Hardly an emergency is it?!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Pity we couldn't do that with Murray :ffsparr:

We really need to get over the releasing of Murray. He has had a good 4 months this season but that's it. Apart from a penalty, he has not scored for Palace since December - 6 games I think! Imagine the grief Barnes would get with that recent record.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
It's not an emergency loan. That window hasn't opened yet... it's just a standard season long loan.
It is an emergency loan to get round the 3 clubs in one season rule. Loan window closed at the same time as the transfer window but re opens on Feb 7th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here