Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have seen the greatest ever acting performance I have seen in a film in my life.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apparently Robert Pattinson had to give up playing Edward Cullen because he was getting a bit too long in the tooth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a 'great acting performance' because he LOOKED like him? What a bizarre thing to say.

That is not what I said though is it ? It was a response to a post made. Anyway I can see where this thread is going now but would be genuinely interested in people's opinions who have actually seen the film. Thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would think so if it was a combination of the three but jumping from one to another?
Ahhh, Russell Crowe's Robin Hood now springs to mind?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is not what I said though is it ? It was a response to a post made. Anyway I can see where this thread is going now but would be genuinely interested in people's opinions who have actually seen the film. Thanks.
TBH I think I'll be giving it a swerve.

I'm getting the impression it's whole isn't as good as the sum of it's parts.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I will butt out now US because i have yet to see the whole film, but the trailer put me off big time. I just thought of " Warhorse" (Film not play) and was astounded how poor the acting was.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TBH I think I'll be giving it a swerve.

I'm getting the impression it's whole isn't as good as the sum of it's parts.

Maybe watch it and then decide. Just an idea.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe watch it and then decide. Just an idea.
You can't watch all film and this one isn't floating my boat.

My last 3 trips to World of Cine have been for Skyfall, Argo & Zero Dark Thirty.

All opening weekend, all before I caught any critical review, and all excellent films.

What I have heard about Lincoln isn't making me want to see it.
I'm sure it's a very good, worthy, thoughtful film, it's just not for me.

Like others have said maybe some independent 'normal' critic might change my mind.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can't watch all film and this one isn't floating my boat.

My last 3 trips to World of Cine have been for Skyfall, Argo & Zero Dark Thirty.

All opening weekend, all before I caught any critical review, and all excellent films.

What I have heard about Lincoln isn't making me want to see it.
I'm sure it's a very good, worthy, thoughtful film, it's just not for me.

Like others have said maybe some independent 'normal' critic might change my mind.

Thats fine but you have passed judgement on a film and a performance you have not actually seen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thats fine but you have passed judgement on a film and a performance you have not actually seen.
I've not passed judgement, I said I'm getting the impression it's whole isn't as good as the sum of it's parts. and What I have heard about Lincoln isn't making me want to see it. I'm sure it's a very good, worthy, thoughtful film, it's just not for me.
That's just my response and reasoning as to why I'm not going to spend £££'s seeing the film.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It was a 'great acting performance' because he LOOKED like him? What a bizarre thing to say.

Looking like Thatcher was enough for Meryl Streep to win an Oscar for that heap of shite "The Iron Lady"

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln. The greatest ever acting performance I ever have seen in my life. A lesson in the art and craft of acting. Daniel Day Lewis WAS Lincoln. An extraordinary performance I was privileged to see.

Yeh, but what about ashton kutcher in "Dude, wheres my car?" ? Surely DDL cant top that. Acting at its finest.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeh, but what about ashton kutcher in "Dude, wheres my car?" ? Surely DDL cant top that. Acting at its finest.

Don't know about that but he was good in the butterly effect.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln. The greatest ever acting performance I ever have seen in my life. A lesson in the art and craft of acting. Daniel Day Lewis WAS Lincoln. An extraordinary performance I was privileged to see.

I thought I'd seen the best performance ever in 'There will be Blood'.......quite good is our Mr Day-Lewis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here