Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have seen the greatest ever acting performance I have seen in a film in my life.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Albumen - can I ask - what did you think of the Blue Lagoon?

I saw it when I was about 14 and never got to the end. Just wondered whether it was worth revisiting?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Brendan Gleeson in In Bruges and Guy Pearce in LA Confidential stick in my mind as truly great acting performances. And Dennis Hopper's farewell scene in True Romance is also a stunning display.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brendan Gleeson in In Bruges and Guy Pearce in LA Confidential stick in my mind as truly great acting performances. And Dennis Hopper's farewell scene in True Romance is also a stunning display.

Agree with those and would add Harry Dean Stantonj in Paris Texas

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't believe I've only just seen this thread. Absolute classic Spielberg (the poster, not the film director).

US: outlandish statement made as fact.
Everyone else: er, no,
US: STOP f***ing BULLYING ME, WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS SHIT I'M A GOOD GUY WHO WEARS HIS HEART ON HIS SLEEVE

Superb.

BULLY :p Ok, I may have gone into hyperbole and over egged the cake but I still think it was a superb performance. I am me, take it or leave it, ain't gonna change aged 50 am I ?

- - - Updated - - -

Farrell was superb in, In Bruges, as well Buzzer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good to see he deservedly won the best actor Oscar - first person to win it three times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Django got a couple of gongs as well. I'm pleased with this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
At least Amour got Best Foreign. A shame it didn't sullenly walk the floor with the rest of the mostly-mediocre and nationalistic pap in comparison.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Strange bounce still Eddie Redmayne in the Theory of Everything just trumped Daniel Day Lewis so it is well timed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here