Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have seen the greatest ever acting performance I have seen in a film in my life.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln. The greatest ever acting performance I ever have seen in my life. A lesson in the art and craft of acting. Daniel Day Lewis WAS Lincoln. An extraordinary performance I was privileged to see.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It would be in a Spielberg film wouldn't it ?and how do you know DD "was" Lincoln ?
Did you used to go down the local pub with him did you ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sounds boring

Some people may indeed find it boring. I found it utterly absorbing. No aliens, no special effects, no action scenes, no sentimentality, just a thorough re telling of January 1865 and the lead up to the abolition of slavery in the USA. Day Lewis was extraordinary.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Bob Hoskins

The Long Good Friday

"bit more than a hot dog,know what I mean"

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln. The greatest ever acting performance I ever have seen in my life. A lesson in the art and craft of acting. Daniel Day Lewis WAS Lincoln. An extraordinary performance I was pirivleged to see.

Was it as good as Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln. The greatest ever acting performance I ever have seen in my life. A lesson in the art and craft of acting. Daniel Day Lewis WAS Lincoln. An extraordinary performance I was pirivleged to see.

Not sure I'm informed enough to say the greatest ever, but I basically agree. Brilliant.

I've also read that the portrayal of Lincoln is very authentic (and the plot too). Which makes me wonder, US. Does it make any difference that this it's an accurate portrayal? Wouldn't it be just as impressive a performance if it were a fictional (or fictionalised) account?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Daniel Day Lewis was excellent in There Will Be Blood. Here he plays one of the most charismatic villains of all time.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure I'm informed enough to say the greatest ever, but I basically agree. Brilliant.

I've also read that the portrayal of Lincoln is very authentic (and the plot too). Which makes me wonder, US. Does it make any difference that this it's an accurate portrayal? Wouldn't it be just as impressive a performance if it were a fictional (or fictionalised) account?

By all acounts it was pretty accurate. I am sure there were a few artistic licenses in a few scenes, I don't know enough about the subject matter to comment. All I saw was a mesmirising and totally convincing portrayal.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

9/4 you have put this exact post on Seagulls Chat and Facebook ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I have more manlove for the Last of the Mohicans version. But it's not Spielberger, so I guess it doesn't count in this thread.
I may change my mind when I have seen Lincoln though. I will also wait for Meads Ball to review said flic, as his jottings are some of the best Film reviews I have ever read.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
9/4 you have put this exact post on Seagulls Chat and Facebook ?

Facebook, yes. I am interested in anyone who has seen the film on their opinions as to his performance.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here