Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Dobbie to Palace" thread [merged]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can believe this, question is would we be willing to shoot ourselves in the foot twice by selling a striker with potential to Palace?

Really hope not, if we sell Dobbie I'd rather he went ANYWHERE else

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
a run in the side and I think he will be ok, just needs game time

You're probably right but he and Gus are in a catch-22 at the moment: He's either not fit or not ready or not in the right frame of mind to be a good player for us yet because he needs games; we can't give him games because things are very tight at the moment and he's not shown enough to be trusted in the positions he plays to start.

How long do you take to bed in a player if it comes at the expense of the overall team? To me, for a variety of reasons (including not playing) Dobbie looks thoroughly unhappy at the club. Something that seems to be a trend with a lot of our strikers...

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
They're welcome to him. We should pay them to take him off our hands.

Based on what exactly? The two times you have seen him play for Albion this season so far?

Have you seen what he is capable of when he was at Blackpool?

I rate him much higher than CMS, SD just needs game time, I thought that the game against Newcastle was the perfect opportunity for that but Gus bought out Hoskins.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he is not getting a game here, then I am not sure why he would want to stay anyway.

As much as it pains me to say this, with palace's very attacking style of football, someone like doughby would fit in well, especially with two young wingers carving teams apart.

I think it may be time to look at some of the players now who do not get games and are regarded as "squad" players, and look to offload them...sparrow, doughby, etc

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's true that Palace have enquired about Dobbie, they want to know if his name is pronounced as DOBbie or DOUGHbie

It's DOUGH BEE. Was in Scotland recently at a Garden Centre called Dobbie's so asked them the question!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested that this about him and Palace was on the rumour site a couple of weeks ago and got slated as it had no foundation, what has changed?

That site also now says Dunk is in talks with Palace

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Based on what exactly? The two times you have seen him play for Albion this season so far?

Have you seen what he is capable of when he was at Blackpool?

I rate him much higher than CMS, SD just needs game time, I thought that the game against Newcastle was the perfect opportunity for that but Gus bought out Hoskins.

Yes - based on what I've seen of him I don't rate him. If Gus rated him he'd have a regular place in the team so we might as well get rid.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Personally i think somebody has just looked at the Blackpool connection with Dobbie and Holloway and come up with the theory. I think that is all it is.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
To me, for a variety of reasons (including not playing) Dobbie looks thoroughly unhappy at the club.

Looked thoroughly bored at the kids party in December. I watched him playing on the XBox striker game and even then he was kicking the ball lazily and didnt look as if he could be arsed to try! Says it all that he scored a big fat ZERO while GG got a much better score on the one next to him!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Personally i think somebody has just looked at the Blackpool connection with Dobbie and Holloway and come up with the theory. I think that is all it is.

When they sell Zaha for the equivalent of Italy's national debt then I'd think they might find £50K to bid for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here