Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week or in the near future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the following will happen:

CMS to Leeds and the money spent on VVD or Gorkas.
Dobbie to play up front with Ulloa.
Elliott Bennett to come back either on loan or permanent

I have no source just a hunch of what I think will happen just reading between the lines of various sites quotes and interviews etc..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Mystic Meg!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wooooooooooooohhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!:drama::tumble::tumble:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Stop thinking, it's not good for you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would be immense if we got Bennett back, but i would wonder if that would unsettle a midfield starting to find its way.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
CMS to Leeds is not exactly new.
They have been after him for a while, and with Becchio departing, they will have space in their squad and money.

Don't think Bennett will come back on loan. Norwich need him I think.
Dobbie with Ulloa would work well. Both are good on the ball and Dobbie owes us :)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I work with a Leeds fan and he is adamant they are signing CMS today, for £3m. Fingers crossed

That would be fantastic. I just really can't see him being a good player for us. His recent performances have been embarrassing, he's not on the same wavelength as a lot of our players, has no power, can't use his head, has no ball control skills and doesn't seem to make intelligent runs either. I'm sure he'll do well for a team that knocks balls over the top for him to chase down, but that will never be us at the moment.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475082 said:
That would be fantastic. I just really can't see him being a good player for us. His recent performances have been embarrassing, he's not on the same wavelength as a lot of our players, has no power, can't use his head, has no ball control skills and doesn't seem to make intelligent runs either. I'm sure he'll do well for a team that knocks balls over the top for him to chase down, but that will never be us at the moment.

Spot on, he'll probably do well at Leeds though replacing Becchio is a big ask.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Considering Dobbie is on the transfer list and been told to leave, I find that very unlikely.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
p
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475073 said:
Where have you read between the lines regarding Benno?

I haven't but it has been mentioned before and he is in the same position as Croft was when we brought him back unable to get a start in their team every week and on the bench but a good championship player to help get promotion..

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Considering Dobbie is on the transfer list and been told to leave, I find that very unlikely.

Really? Where did you hear that from?

The last I read was Poyet saying he was still very much a part of his plans.....

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I'd be gutted if CMS left to be honest!! I thought we got Ulloa to help CMS out? Not as a replacement!

Love Benno to come back but won't happen IMO and I think Dobbie is more likely to leave than anyone at the moment!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I think the following will happen:

CMS to Leeds and the money spent on VVD or Gorkas.
Dobbie to play up front with Ulloa.
Elliott Bennett to come back either on loan or permanent

I have no source just a hunch of what I think will happen just reading between the lines of various sites quotes and interviews etc..

at least it isnt some rubbish from THAT site.

call me a cynic but this is whats on THAT site:

27 Jan 2013 20:59:31
Fc Groningen have accepted a 2nd bid from Brighton for Van Dijk, thought to be in the region of £2.75m, personal terms to be ironed out tomorrow. CMS heading out of The Amex and destination is thought to be Leeds but a surprise loanee for the rest of the season is heading back to the south coast club after passing a medical this evening. To be announced at press conference tomorrow.

I think those are the lines he is reading between.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475082 said:

Utter, utter rubbish.

By no means have his performances been "embarassing." To agree, your appriasal of his abilities have some merit but to say that our top goalscorer has been embarassing is simply not true.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Utter, utter rubbish.

By no means have his performances been "embarassing." To agree, your appriasal of his abilities have some merit but to say that our top goalscorer has been embarassing is simply not true.

I would say his recent performances have been embarrassing, yes. He runs around a lot like a lost child looking hopelessly out of his depth. His goal scoring record is poor, and with the type of player he is he gives little else to the team in terms of link up play, assists, tracking back, clearing corners etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
call me a cynic but this is whats on THAT site:

27 Jan 2013 20:59:31
Fc Groningen have accepted a 2nd bid from Brighton for Van Dijk, thought to be in the region of £2.75m, personal terms to be ironed out tomorrow. CMS heading out of The Amex and destination is thought to be Leeds but a surprise loanee for the rest of the season is heading back to the south coast club after passing a medical this evening. To be announced at press conference tomorrow.

I think those are the lines he is reading between.

It was not that site it is my opinion based on reading the tweets etc from VVD thread of how Gus was in Holland yesterday. A manager doesn't make that sort of visit unless it is very much in the forefront of his mind and at an advanced stage in negotiations . the scouting and recommendation come from his scouts and possibly Charlie would fly out to watch him but for him to fly out himself something is in the offing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here