Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neighbours smoking weed - making our life hell - advice

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This thread has filtered out all the arseholes. I smoke a spliff every night in the garden. My neighbours know about it and are fine with it. Its weed for f*** sake, not crack or heroin. Would tho op prefer having a junkie or all rowdy alcoholic living next door. In general weed smokers are harmless. All of you who said to call the police are just ignorant. Why run the risk of someone getting their house raided over the smell of a spliff. Sad sad people. No one likes a grass (excuse the pun)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ask them to switch to smoking much less potent and better smelling cannabis resin :thumbsup:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This thread has filtered out all the arseholes. I smoke a spliff every night in the garden. My neighbours know about it and are fine with it. Its weed for f*** sake, not crack or heroin. All of you who said to call the police are just ignorant. Why run the risk of someone getting their house raided over the smell of a spliff. Sad sad people. No one likes a grass (excuse the pun)

Sounds like the OP's situation is a bit more than just the odd spliff. Don't think anyone would have a great problem with that. The OP has tried to be reasonable and asked the neighbour to be more considerate but they aren't receptive so it is a persistent nuisance. Anyway if the smell is that obvious then the neighbour is not being very subtle and is drawing attention to his/herself. Sounds like the neighbour is being the arsehole in this matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds like the OP's situation is a bit more than just the odd spliff. Don't think anyone would have a great problem with that. The OP has tried to be reasonable and asked the neighbour to be more considerate but they aren't receptive so it is a persistent nuisance. Anyway if the smell is that obvious then the neighbour is not being very subtle and is drawing attention to his/herself. Sounds like the neighbour is being the arsehole in this matter.

As I mentioned in my post they were initially receptive, it might be the case the neighbours made changes but are unaware their changes are having an impact.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This thread has filtered out all the arseholes. I smoke a spliff every night in the garden. My neighbours know about it and are fine with it. Its weed for f*** sake, not crack or heroin. Would tho op prefer having a junkie or all rowdy alcoholic living next door. In general weed smokers are harmless. All of you who said to call the police are just ignorant. Why run the risk of someone getting their house raided over the smell of a spliff. Sad sad people. No one likes a grass (excuse the pun)

Oops ! have you forgotten than one of Sussex's Finest is a Moderator on here and as such, has access to IP adresses ?

A wise man does not beat drums when hunting the Tiger, eat yer stash quick and bar the doors.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oops ! have you forgotten than one of Sussex's Finest is a Moderator on here and as such, has access to IP adresses ?

A wise man does not beat drums when hunting the Tiger, eat yer stash quick and bar the doors.

What next? Busting kids for cycling on the pavement?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'd recommend talking to your neighbours rather than taking police action. They may have MS and are legally taking the drug medicinally.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Ha what was it ? 5 bags of crisps or 6 ?

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Fill a dust bin full of raw fish, cooked cabbage, eggs, raw chicken and old onions. Put the lid on and leave to 'mature' for a week. Once a week, take the lid off and place at the point nearest their back door in your garden.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ha what was it ? 5 bags of crisps or 6 ?

Must admit to ending up comprehensively ratted on friday, I awoke to a kitchen looking akin to a crime scene, lots of various comestibles consumed. Taking the pledge til wednesday at least now.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Fill a dust bin full of raw fish, cooked cabbage, eggs, raw chicken and old onions. Put the lid on and leave to 'mature' for a week. Once a week, take the lid off and place at the point nearest their back door in your garden.

This, play them at their own game. If they question it, tell them it's a religious rictual.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Whilst enjoying a big night out in Town leave dozens of flyers for a Roots Reggae All-niter featuring special guest appearances by Yellowman & Eek-A-Mouse : venue next door.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Depends. 20 years ago I would have popped downstairs and joined them. However the ones I reported (and to their landlord, not old bill because we were joint (sorry) freeholders) were because we were in a flat with a new born baby and barely getting any sleep at all to start with. It's not harmless then. It's f***ing annoying and bad for a baby's health.

Hence the point about not bothering with the thread. You're going to get replies from stoners, health nazis and ignorant but well meaning folk who are trying to help but making it worse. Choose your own path and stick to it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shouldn't there be poll somewhere?
a - call the fuzz
b - beat the crap out of them
c - grow your own
d - chill, far out man, zzzzzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here