Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eden Hazard

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So what's the problem, it was an accident, say sorry and move on

All he had to do was apologise to the kid for accidentally catching him when he was attempting to kick the ball out from under him, shake his hand or whatever and walk away. Doubt any of this would've happened if he actually had the common sense to do so.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You seem to be getting quite worked up in defence of the big bad Chelsea players!? ???

Yes that's right, you know everything don't you, I'm sitting behind my keyboard in a RAGE and I'm about to SMASH my house up!!!!!!!!!

Not getting worked up, just trying to add a bit of balance and counter some of your ridiculous myopic view on the situation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So what's the problem, it was an accident, say sorry and move on

It's quite funny you say that, but what got me going, is that the very player who'd I'd watch feign injury twice in the match, actually stood gesturing that the kid couldn't possibly injured instead of running over and apologising to the kid straight away (regardless of what a wind up merchant the kid was). I don't think he gave the ref a lot of choice really.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes that's right, you know everything don't you, I'm sitting behind my keyboard in a RAGE and I'm about to SMASH my house up!!!!!!!!!

Not getting worked up, just trying to add a bit of balance and counter some of your ridiculous myopic view on the situation.

I think you maybe being more prone to exaggeration than that ball boy!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the main issue here is they were both in the wrong, but Hazard more so as he is meant to be a professional and an adult who should know better...kid didn't act right either but Hazard is a grown man and to show no remorse, or no sign of apology, and just smile was what has really grinded my gears...still in shock that it actually happened to be honest! angry!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Damn. What a time for @TheTruth to get a ban. I am sure that with the overwhelming evidence ( the ballboys Twitter account and the video of Hazard giving out some GBH ) @TheTruth would have convinced us that this was a conspiracy to get Hazard a six game ban on purpose thus taking a nice long break in Dubai during this cold snap that we are going through.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Here is what actually happened:

Ball goes out of play, ball boy retrieves ball however decides to hold on to it and time waste. Hazard, noticing this, goes to retrieve to get the ball. However, the ball boy decides to start a ruck and lie on top of the ball (thus wasting time). After waiting a few seconds for the ball boy not to move, Hazard notices the gap below his body where he can kick the ball out of. Hazard then kicks the BALL. Not the boy's ribs as people are trying to say. He kicks the FOOTBALL. The ball boy then goes down in a heap of agony, as if he had been shot.

The boy is now being praised, for making the most of minimal (if any) contact, and generally being a massive pussy. He is being rewarded for this, labelled a hero.

Yet this is something everyone wants eradicated from the game. Players to stop this diving/pussy culture. Yet if Hazard is banned and the ball boy gets away with it, football is reinforcing the idea to youngsters that the 'cheating' culture will enable you to prosper. Disgraceful.

This with bells on

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Not specifically on the back of this incident but in general the FA should lead the way & stamp out cheating completely. Retrospective action of a 3 match ban for blatant cheating would soon see an end to it. Kids are impressionable & it's just gonna get worse until something is done. Right now cheating is the norm. Stinks!!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
What's the difference between Eden Hazard and Jimmy Savile...??

One beats ball boys, the other beats boys' balls................

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brighton once sacked head ball man for punching the ball into the crowd to waste time, at the Goldstone?

That was featured in the Bolton programme.

1 April 1989, Albion v Man City

The ball 'boy' in question was Keith Cuss, and he got sacked, rather unfairly afterwards.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
the main issue here is they were both in the wrong, but Hazard more so as he is meant to be a professional and an adult who should know better...kid didn't act right either but Hazard is a grown man and to show no remorse, or no sign of apology, and just smile was what has really grinded my gears...still in shock that it actually happened to be honest! angry!

Watching the game, all the ball boys were time wasting. They would have been told by the club to do this. So Swansea must take some responsibility

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I said it on the other thread - I really think people need to stop playing the "he kicked a kid" card. The "kid" is less than a year away from being an adult, and he's only 5 years younger than Hazard himself. He is not a child.

I'll respect Hazard a lot more after this if he sticks to his guns and doesn't apologise.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
f***ing pathetic, I'd have kicked him as well, little shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here