Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC v Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread***

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm talking about Brighton as a club that have (almost) always (except when it lost the Goldstone) got high gates for the division it has been in (even Withdean was sold out for 3/4 seasons). Crowds like 34000 against Rochdale when lower league football was on offer is taken for granted, but why has Brighton's support been taken for granted? Now Brighton have recovered from the loss of the Goldstone, they will be on 30,000 at home next year and with that we should demand standards to go along with the level of support.

You are the Majors son, and I claim my £5 !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We survived by the skin of our teeth without cheating the rest of the teams in the league , not by wiping out millions of pounds worth of debt and starting again as if nothing had happened.

So did Bradford jat .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We survived by the skin of our teeth without cheating the rest of the teams in the league , not by wiping out millions of pounds worth of debt and starting again as if nothing had happened.

At the risk of repeating myself, the question was asked to WCP to try to understand his logic, would you mind winding your neck in please ?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Over the course of the season I think we're far better than we were last season.

However, playing devil's advocate here, bearing in mind we have replaced a big chunk of our team with better players, Kuszczak, Bruno, Bridge, Hammond, Crofts, Lopez, Orlandi have we improved enough? Also with the added benefit of a season under our belt and not having the distraction this year of the Carling Cup.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the risk of repeating myself, the question was asked to WCP to try to understand his logic, would you mind winding your neck in please ?

Touched a raw nerve about your club doing a "Pompey" ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We are 7th in the league 4points outside the play offs, just beat Newcastle and are playing Arsenal in the cup this Saturday with an ever improving squad. Yes even I get upset when we sound or look pants its called supporting your club in the heat of the moment we get upset. However if you would have told me where we would be now when I was stood with 2500 HOME fans at Gillinghams Pissfield I would have snatched your bloody arm off. I love this club sooooo feckin much I dont realy care where we finish as long as we are still playing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you look at football, a club with 60,000 to 80,000 at home like Arsenal, Man U are top of the tree, and demand such standards. Clubs with between 45,000 to 35000 like Spurs are the step below and have step below standards. Clubs with 30,000 to 22000 gates like Brighton are the next step down. Clubs with between 20,000 to 15,000 the next step down until you get to 3000 crowd clubs like Rochdale. Brighton have under achieved for too long, this has allowed an under achieving acceptable culture in fans, and club. This culture has to go.
:fishing: surely
Attendances are one form of income stream. We've only just got to a stadium where we can have decent attendances, and the rest of our income does not match up to teams that have been in the top division for years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair to Se20, he is only responding to some crazy posts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We are 7th in the league 4points outside the play offs, just beat Newcastle and are playing Arsenal in the cup this Saturday with an ever improving squad. Yes even I get upset when we sound or look pants its called supporting your club in the heat of the moment we get upset. However if you would have told me where we would be now when I was stood with 2500 HOME fans at Gillinghams Pissfield I would have snatched your bloody arm off. I love this club sooooo feckin much I dont realy care where we finish as long as we are still playing.
I could not sleep and got up to listen to the after match interview and thought I might take a look at NSC and then this
a great passionate post, warming to the heart that we still have that passion after the last two games both got us worthy points.

sometimes we should just look back and remember where we came from

fantastic post PF

when was the last time we got to nearly 60 pages

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this too
we have paid our way and this makes me very proud of my club
well said mate

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Always the dick head Palaces fans ruining a thread.

I think that was achieved somewhere around the 20th minute onwards of the start of our game tonight, don't need to use our 'friends oop the A23' as scapegoats for 'ruining this thread'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here