Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Django Unchained V Lincoln.

Django Unchained V Lincoln which will you see ?

• Both

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Django Unchained

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Lincoln

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I enjoyed the fact that Django was long. If you're enjoying a film you don't want it to stop, right? I guess I went in knowing it was going to be 140 mins and looking forward to it. Very entertaining cinema

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indeed I do. Comfortable? Good, we'll begin: Always, Twilight Zone the Movie, A.I, Hook, 1941, Minority report, Catch me if you Can, TinTin, War of The Worlds, The Lost World, Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, Warhorse, Amistad.

Minority Report :facepalm:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tom Cruise is one actor I cannot or ever will sit through a film in which he's in. Ever since I saw his face in Top Gun I wanted to punch it so hard.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not seen either yet but both on my list - really looking forward to Cloud Atlas - it might be one of the best films ever made (or complete dross).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well i sat through Lincoln today and i have to say i favour Django of the two. Lincoln was the ultimate borefest and middle-of-the-road corniness, an utter waste of its subject and the actors within. DD Lewis gives an earnest yet hammy performance as the bearded deity, but the script is just appallingly stupid in so many places i guffawed at times. Django was editorially poor, but at least it tried to continue with the Tarantino ego-polishing ultra-violent which has a once-novel soundtrack and some sometimes pumping action in and around its boyish stupidity. But Lincoln was uncontrollably dreary. During it i kept thinking of the Devil and Daniel Webster, a film i much much prefer.

41TvOIj8AhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not overly bothered about Lincoln but I saw Django Unchained today. Excellent film, humerous, brutal with some fine dialogue and Christoph Waltz is, once again, in fine form..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw Django last night, and I have to say, its easily the best film I've seen in the last 12 months. I've been a big Tarantino fan for many years, but this could just be his finest work (aside from his own pointlessly woeful cameo).

I just LUXURIATE in the dialogue this guy writes. No scene is too long or unnecessary when you can write lines like QT. Actors must frigging LOVE playing the parts he writes, the script is so crafted, its just so richly enjoyable. Don Johnsons brief part was laugh out loud terrific, Foxx is magnificent, but once again its Waltz who utterly commands the screen and drives the entire film. Thats oscar material. And the scene with the hapless KKK attempt with their hoods was so fantastically hilarious on so many levels.

Bloody LOVED it from start to finish, and I cannot wait to see it again.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I did love Django, but didn't think much of the ending - everything after the handshake scene was basically void for me because it was a complete about turn for Waltz's character. Tarantino kind of shoe horned it all in to make Foxx the hero, it was out of keeping with the rest of the story IMHO

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I must be the only one on here who thought that KKK scene was a completely cringeworthy attempt at humour that just did not work on any level.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I saw Django last night, and I have to say, its easily the best film I've seen in the last 12 months. I've been a big Tarantino fan for many years, but this could just be his finest work (aside from his own pointlessly woeful cameo).

I just LUXURIATE in the dialogue this guy writes. No scene is too long or unnecessary when you can write lines like QT. Actors must frigging LOVE playing the parts he writes, the script is so crafted, its just so richly enjoyable. Don Johnsons brief part was laugh out loud terrific, Foxx is magnificent, but once again its Waltz who utterly commands the screen and drives the entire film. Thats oscar material. And the scene with the hapless KKK attempt with their hoods was so fantastically hilarious on so many levels.

Bloody LOVED it from start to finish, and I cannot wait to see it again.

very much this. only tarantino could have the cinema pissing themselves over a KKK attack. classic scene.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watched Django in Merthyr last night, thought some of the violence was pretty grim (the film was shocking too). If it was on the telly I'd have turned it over. Loved the white bags scene, but I found it quite difficult watching at times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did love Django, but didn't think much of the ending - everything after the handshake scene was basically void for me because it was a complete about turn for Waltz's character. Tarantino kind of shoe horned it all in to make Foxx the hero, it was out of keeping with the rest of the story IMHO

Saw it last night and it was very good overall, I was a bit sad to see the demise of Waltz in that way as I thought it looked set up for the two of them to shoot their way out of Candyland in a true Tarantino gorefest.Some of it was a tad gutwrenching to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here